Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
psotric

Fuseau horaire

Post by psotric »

Bonjour,

Une option que je trouverais intéressante quand on lance une partie c'est de pouvoir choisir de limiter les participants à :
"même fuseau horaire à +2H ou -2H"
surtout intéressant en tour par tour car sinon on a des parties où cela n'avance pas car on est toujours en décallage horaire et chacun fait son coup à des moments totalement opposé et on se retrouve avec des parties qui durent des mois.

Bonne journée

et merci pour les développements de ces jeux
Liallan

Re: Fuseau horaire

Post by Liallan »

Similar things have been proposed numerous times, and this is the same response I always give it.

This idea is based on the assumption that everyone is on the same type of schedule and plays games during the same time. But some people can play at work and some can't, some may play on their lunch hour, some play in the evening, some may not have evenings available due to family and home obligations, some play a lot on weekends and some people don't, and not everyone works a Monday-Friday daytime work schedule anyway.

I work an odd (late) schedule and it's not unusual for me to not get on here until everyone around here has gone to bed - not always but it's not unusual. That zone restriction could actually be keeping someone out who fits your schedule better. The four games in which I was on turn when I came on this evening were with one New Zealander and the other three French, and I'm in the U.S. The game with the American (you know, at or near my time zone) was not up, nor another from France. And the only game that came up again after I finished my turns was the guy from New Zealand, who is a gazillion hours ahead of me. Which just proves to me that location doesn't have much to do with it.

Which is why turn order can have a lot more to do with it, combined with the type of schedule an individual person has and just the overall amount of time they spend on here.

Return to “Discussions”