Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
lap63

Leaving penalty

Post by lap63 »

Hi,
I wanna ask about the leaving penalty. As far as I know players don't lose reputation for their first leave, and also don't lose reputation when they have around 100 elo. Is that true? But yesterday I played a game against a 139 elo, his time ran out so I expelled him, but a leaving penalty did not even show up in his profile. Is this a bug? Thanks!

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=37070911
Jest Phulin

Re: Leaving penalty

Post by Jest Phulin »

If I recall correctly, there are two separate penalties for leaving. (Also, what happened on the game you link was not a leave, but an out of time -- a subtle but important difference.)

First, there is a penalty to one's Karma. This is not shown in the game summary, and can only be found by looking at a player's profile. More disconnects/timeouts, larger penalty.

Second is the penalty to ELO. I'm pretty sure this applies only to disconnects (actual leaving the table) rather than just timing out. It may be different for turn-based games, where a time out counts as a disconnect as well.
lap63

Post by lap63 »

nope, my opponent stopped playing when he lost so I skipped his turn when his time ran out, but a leaving penalty did not appear in his profile
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

When I looked at that game the other day when you posted this, you had not skipped their turn. I wasn't sure what you were talking about.

But I'm not sure how you can tell if they got a leave penalty. This person finished over 15 games just on the 26th which is making up a chunk of penalty hit, but is right at the moment at 37% reputation, which is pretty bad. The only way to really follow that is to know their exact number before the game ends and then right after the game ends, and make sure no other games were played in between looking, especially when they are playing that many games.
lap63

Post by lap63 »

in the link it says 'Game result cancelled (Someone left this game before the end) :
The player who left (or was skipped) lost the game and got a ☯ penalty.
The other players won this game and get 1% of normal ELO points (because 1% of this game has been played before the incident). ' , which means the player left this game before the end

then I look at his profile, he went overtime in game 37070911 (our game), but the system did not give him a leave penalty for the same game even though he actually left. Pretty sure it is a bug.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

lap63 wrote:then I look at his profile, he went overtime in game 37070911 (our game), but the system did not give him a leave penalty for the same game even though he actually left. Pretty sure it is a bug.
Yes, I looked at her profile. She got a -14 ELO hit, but there is no direct way to see a reputation penalty. That's what I was saying. Unless you check reputation right before the game ends, and again right afterwards. Nor can you directly see if their "abandon" number went up, except doing the same thing, a before and after check... keeping in mind that that is only a 60-day (or 90?) history so games can disappear out of that each day and you really wouldn't know which are which. So I'm not seeing how you know there were no penalties, especially when someone is going through so many games at once.

Of course, it's not up to me to deal with bugs. Personally, I am not seeing how you know there wasn't a penalty, but if you truly believe it is a bug, you should be reporting it in the bug section.
lap63

Post by lap63 »

I mean the in game 'leave signal' is not shown, unlike the 'overtime signal' is shown in our game

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=37171279

the in game 'leave signal' should appear just like in the above game

so the player actually left in our game, but it did not contribute to +1 'leave signal' in his recent 60 games history

----

yeah I don't mean the reputation change I just mean the total number of leaving games in recent 60days
you are right in reputation
ringersoll

Post by ringersoll »

Who cares if the player received a penalty. Her reputation is very low. Red thumb her and put a personal note and never play with her again. Problem solved.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

lap63 wrote:I mean the in game 'leave signal' is not shown, unlike the 'overtime signal' is shown in our game

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!table?table=37171279

the in game 'leave signal' should appear just like in the above game
It does! I saw the game before I posted the last time. Maybe you should go look at it again.
so the player actually left in our game, but it did not contribute to +1 'leave signal' in his recent 60 games history

yeah I don't mean the reputation change I just mean the total number of leaving games in recent 60days
you are right in reputation
That is exactly what I was explaining above that you are not necessarily going to be able to tell. The same concept exists for both reputation and overtime/leave record. Maybe one of her old games fell off the 60 day history. And at this point in time, there is absolutely no way you would be able to tell.

And ringersoll is right. Her reputation is so terrible why do you even care about this? It's sounding more personal to me. But if you are just attempting to report what you think is a bug, for the sake of the bug, again, that should be reported in the bugs. But I simply don't see where you've got any proof that anything went wrong, and sometimes things are just a glitch because nothing is perfect

Return to “Discussions”