Possible lag hack?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ZerGreenOne

Possible lag hack?

Post by ZerGreenOne »

I was playing against Liammblair. He was losing a game of hive, and was going to lose in one move. However, just before I could make that move, my game lagged out. I was still connected to the internet, and could access other websites fine, however when I tried to reload the webpage, it just wouldn't load. The lag lasted just long enough for him to kick me, and then I was able to access the website again. For this reason, I think he is lag hacking.
N_Faker

Re: Possible lag hack?

Post by N_Faker »

The server is always laggy/unresponsive at around 8:00AM server time.
He should have had the same issues, so well. That's opportunism for you.
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

maybe but I suspect the lag are often badplayed on this site ;) ... I look at some logins and notice it's often the case for them...
There are several means to do that, and not necessary hack ... the simple fact to act quickly with several actions when it's not your turn send request to server and he try to answer, and during this, a refresh will also generate problem to the other... I think a lot of "bad" players understood that.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

It is true that this site has a lot of problems, and being slow running sometimes is one of them. Happens to me all the time. It was slow loading when I came on today. But I mostly only play turn-based so it doesn't really cause an issue other than a temporary inconvenience, but it is another good reason I don't want to play live.

There's nothing saying this player caused a problem on purpose, but he may have taken advantage of it, which really isn't too cool either. Looking at the game, there is a pretty big gap in time so he didn't skip you quickly. But... if you really could win in one move, it only makes sense that you would not have left the game on purpose for no reason, I mean, that would be stupid. But, due to the gap of time, it's always possible he felt like he'd waited long enough? Sooner or later you have to decide maybe someone has bigger issues and can't get back to the game - can't wait around all night staring at the screen. (Of course, he could've left something on the chat...)

If it were me, I'd be more concerned about getting the leave penalty. You can always try contacting an admin and explaining the situation. I don't know how they treat a situation like that, and I don't know what kind of record you have or if there's a way to prove anything. (And speaking of the site lagging, I can't get back into you profile... )

Return to “Discussions”