Server DOS attacks?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
republikanen

Server DOS attacks?

Post by republikanen »

Just now the last 30 minutes I had some big problems connecting to the BGA server. I got my FIRST EVER KICK out of a game due to this and my 100% reputation was hurt. Meanwhile I had no problems connecting to any other server on the internet.

Was there some BGA server problems causing my KICK? Was there a DOS attack? Can I get my reputation restored somehow?

Do I dare to join another game tonight?
Liallan

Re: Server DOS attacks?

Post by Liallan »

I think you mean DoS. DOS is an operating system. A site has server problems and that's your first thought, instead of sometimes shit happens?? Sure, there could've been high traffic but....

You are certainly not the first person to get kicked from a game due to server problems, nor will you be the last. When they believe there was something on this end, they generally pull penalties and such. And your reputation is at 100%.
republikanen

Post by republikanen »

Yes Denial of Service attack is what I was referring to. I use MacOS and I restarted my FireFox browser when I had problems connecting to BGA before I was kicked out from the game. After FF restart I tried to reconnect to BGA without success. Instead other sites on the internet were fully availalble. So to me it certainly looked like a BGA server side problem yesterday Saturday night 10 pm CET timezone. So you claim there was no problems around then?
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I'm not "claiming" anything, other than that there can be hangups and lags around here. I'm just another member like you and I don't really remember Saturday night.

I was just saying you're a bit quick to judge the situation. I just think assuming a "server side problem" is a DoS attack is a bit on the paranoid side. This isn't xbox live.

Since an abandonment does indeed knock down your reputation, then either there was a problem they're aware of and they've already restored it, or you've played enough games to make up for it. Either way, you're at 100% and have 1 leave penalty amounting to <1% which is nothing. Meaning, there's nothing to be concerned about.

Return to “Discussions”