Did BGA make a change on Friday - site is faster?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
RicardoRix

Re: Did BGA make a change on Friday - site is faster?

Post by RicardoRix »

Een wrote:Ok. Made a test on RR and got 23, a test on TTA and got 7/4/16 on three consecutive checks.
What we do on BGA is not typical of a classic webpage presenting textual content so it probably doesn't really mean much in absolute terms but it gives a point of comparison to discuss. Note also that measurements can depend on your hardware and system load, so this comparison should not be trusted too much either.
Then why don't you create some kind of test page or something which can allow some kind of benchmarking test so you can cut to the chase immediately.
puert

Post by puert »

Oh, there's no question that BGA is awful when it comes to connections. It seems to improve once a game started, but entering a room it lags forever. And starting a game can cause a long lag. And it will drop connections. And it's completely terrible if you need to redo your turn in Through the Ages in Age 3.

There are a number of times where playing on BGA feels like playing in dial-up.

I wouldn't say by hardly any stretch that a modern webpage is text-based. Sure. They have words. But they also have all sorts of plug-ins for images, embedded videos, and all sorts of stuff. We're not on Web 1.0 or even 2.0 any more.
Tortom

Post by Tortom »

Not sure whether this might be helpful - a different angle on the problem.

Usually Puerto Rico isn't as bad as, say, TTA, but I'm just finishing up a game of PR that is noticeably worse then normal: table=38754236. Not sure what would make a particular table worse - being served from a particular server?

(I played most of this game on a 300Mbps fibre optic connection - it made no difference.)

Return to “Discussions”