BGA discord server

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
turtler7

BGA discord server

Post by turtler7 »

Discord offers a lot of cool features for chats and keeps all chat in storage so people can join in and continue conversations at any time. It is also a great way to encourage more games being played through in house ladder and tournament systems (No prizes or anything just ways to have good competition with other gamers). Anything we can do as players to encourage learning, playing, enjoying, competing, and enhancing the games of everyone else around us is awesome. This is just a step in that direction I want to try. It will only be successful if others join in and help build the discord community. The intention is primarily for text chat but those interested in voice will find this interface to be exceptional for gaming purposes and help enhance games with friends. I realized I should make this server when I was using discord to communicate with people from other game servers about our BGA games that I got them to try.

Discord is supported on all mobile devices or computers.

find out how to download discord here

Join server here
turtler7

Re: BGA discord server

Post by turtler7 »

Server launch has started as a success already. In house ladder systems are taking off in several popular games with more just needing one more player to go. The 4 player tournaments for race and roll for the galaxy are likely to launch soon based on the level of interest. Feel free to message me or join directly if interested or trying to get things setup to run discord.
brisdaz

Post by brisdaz »

My discord server which is more general is

https://discord.gg/RaNkZFq

It's been running for several months .
turtler7

Post by turtler7 »

The BGA discord server is a success so far but can always use more players to enhance the experience. In the competitive fields we have a series of "bosspile" running tournaments to climb the ladder of players. The games currently in rotation are Race for the Galaxy, Roll for the Galaxy, Jaipur, Takenoko, Lost Cities, PI, Dice Forge, Stoneage, Seasons, Can't Stop, Through the Ages, Quoridor, Yahtzee, and the newly launched multiplayer pile 7 wonders!

We are particularly interested in more players for 7 wonders as it can become much more exciting with a larger number of players competing for the boss spot and it is already quickly becoming the largest game we have after just a day.

Any games not in the list just require 3 interested players to launch a new bosspile. We also have social, yet competitive, 4 player tournaments. If we can get enough players to field stable counts we will run them much more frequently.
Norge03

Post by Norge03 »

I joined in on turtler's discord and I am playing in several bosspiles at the moment, mostly to just have steady games. So far everyone on the server has made move in a timely manner and been friendly.
davinksi

Post by davinksi »

the invite doesn't work anymore =/
nmego

Post by nmego »

https://discord.gg/KtUdWy

This should work.
Peyrol

Post by Peyrol »

Sorry, the new invite does not work for me. I am able to log onto discordapp.com, but when I look for BGA in the search bar, the search engine does not recognize any string that begins with BG or BOA. Does anyone still use discord with this site?
nmego

Post by nmego »

Nvm, figured out how to make an invite link that never expires. Didn't know that was a thing.

https://discord.gg/YNtqD2R
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

nmego wrote: 09 July 2019, 22:51 Nvm, figured out how to make an invite link that never expires. Didn't know that was a thing
I believe it defaults to 24 hours. Given all the private rooms/channels, this kind of has to be "a thing."

Return to “Discussions”