Games you want to play now - Difference between Real-Time and Turn-Based useful?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Paun

Games you want to play now - Difference between Real-Time and Turn-Based useful?

Post by Paun »

Hi,
I would like to discuss if it might be helpful to have two different lists of "Games you want to play now", one for the turn-based and one for the real-time section.
In my opinion this would be an improvement, because I have games I mostly play turn based and different games I only want to play in real-time mode.
When I want to join or open a turn-based table, the list is messed with tables from my real time games. It would be much clearer if only my preferred turn-based games would be listed.
One more thing: I often get invitations for real-time tables for my preferred turn-based games. This doesn't help neither me nor the invitators. If real-time and turn-based would be separated, the list of "Players now available to play this game" could be separated, too.

What do you think? Would it be an improvement or a complication?
Shaq Jenkins

Re: Games you want to play now - Difference between Real-Time and Turn-Based useful?

Post by Shaq Jenkins »

Yes, I definitely agree with this.

There's some games that I only play turn based (Tash-Kalar, Legendary Inventors, Lords of Xidit, etc.), and I feel bad when I receive invitations for real time tables since there's no way that I'm going to join them.

For games that are difficult to find enough players for, having an accurate list of people who actually want to play in real time is extremely useful. I'm not going to bother starting a Secret Moon table if 90 of the people on the real time suggestions list only play the turn based version of the game.
Jest Phulin

Re: Games you want to play now - Difference between Real-Time and Turn-Based useful?

Post by Jest Phulin »

Definitely agree. The gaming experience is different between real-time and turn-based, the games we enjoy under each are different too.
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

Yes, I agree too. Would be a great improvement!
Espina

Post by Espina »

Paun wrote:Hi,
I would like to discuss if it might be helpful to have two different lists of "Games you want to play now", one for the turn-based and one for the real-time section.
In my opinion this would be an improvement, because I have games I mostly play turn based and different games I only want to play in real-time mode.
When I want to join or open a turn-based table, the list is messed with tables from my real time games. It would be much clearer if only my preferred turn-based games would be listed.
One more thing: I often get invitations for real-time tables for my preferred turn-based games. This doesn't help neither me nor the invitators. If real-time and turn-based would be separated, the list of "Players now available to play this game" could be separated, too.

What do you think? Would it be an improvement or a complication?
+1
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

Paun wrote:Would it be an improvement or a complication?
definitely an improvement
+1
ckwatt

Post by ckwatt »

Yes, please!
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Definitely agree. This has been suggested several times before so I think it's a fairly popular idea.

My main reasoning is that I mostly only play turn-based and would like to be able to put all games I know in that list. For me, there is no "now" because it's going to last over at least a few days. For live games, there's more of that "what I want right now" concept.

Return to “Discussions”