Undo red-thumbs where?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
azhake

Undo red-thumbs where?

Post by azhake »

How can I review/change the selection of people I have red-thumbed? I realize I could go to the individual user's profile page, but I do not remember most user names (that I have red-thumbed).
azhake

Re: Undo red-thumbs where?

Post by azhake »

Why do I care? Well, it's not that I worry about other people's karma, but I realize that having red-thumbed other users also means those people are not able to join my tables which could make it more difficult to get some (less popular) games played, or at least increase waiting times to get games started. In any case, I'd like to be able to review how many red-thumbs I have given out and perhaps undo some of them.

It seems to me that thumbs carry two different aspects: 1st they are a way of rating your fellow players; 2nd: they are a way to block other players from joining your tables.

I read somewhere that thumbs are not publicly listed, which makes sense to me for the first aspect above (how thumbs affect karma). However, I'd like to have access to and control the second aspect of the thumbs, that is to be able to review and change who can and cannot join my tables.

Hope that makes my initial question clearer.
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

thumbs carry two different aspects: 1st they are a way of rating your fellow players; 2nd: they are a way to block other players from joining your tables.
First aspect should not be done by red thumbs : rating is already done by ELO or score. Someone beats you, what do you give : a red because he beats you or a green because he beats you ?
Second aspect should be the only use : I give red to players I don't like to play with.
You can find who gives you red thumb by activating the "games you cannot joined". Fully instructive... easy to find the player (especially in empty tables!)
azhake

Post by azhake »

Thanks for chipping in on this.
ollyfish2002 wrote:First aspect should not be done by red thumbs : rating is already done by ELO or score.
Sure, skill is measured my ELO. Perhaps I was unclear, by "rating players" (first aspect of thumbs) I meant that thumbs affect a player's karma (less so after the new karma system came in place, but still to some extent: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10651).
ollyfish2002 wrote: Someone beats you, what do you give : a red because he beats you or a green because he beats you ?
I wouldn't use thumbs that way, no. I hope my original post didn't give that impression. I, like you, give reed thumbs to users I don't want to play with, people who time out frequently for example.
ollyfish2002 wrote:You can find who gives you red thumb by activating the "games you cannot joined". Fully instructive... easy to find the player (especially in empty tables!)
Thanks for pointing this out. This is good to know, but it is not what I am asking for. I would like to see a list of players that I have given a red thumb to (not the reverse). Do you know if something like that is available?
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

andyhigh wrote:I would like to see a list of players that I have given a red thumb to (not the reverse). Do you know if something like that is available?
As far as I know there is no such list.
qwertasdfg

Post by qwertasdfg »

go to any boardgamearena page, right click, choose "show source code" (on firefox at least it takes you to [url]view-source:https://en.boardgamearena.com/[/url] , other browsers might have a different syntax there, so better use the right click method)

search for (ctrl+f) "red_thumbs_given"
After that follow in curly braces a list of everyone you red thumbed (their player ids)

those you can just paste into the url after the equals sign in https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!player?id=

voila
azhake

Post by azhake »

Wow, thanks! That's very useful. Great workaround.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

qwertasdfg wrote:search for (ctrl+f) "red_thumbs_given"
After that follow in curly braces a list of everyone you red thumbed (their player ids)
I must say I'm very curious how you happened to find that. :mrgreen:
ollyfish2002

Post by ollyfish2002 »

source code reader, like user manual reader... not many people

Return to “Discussions”