Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Chase1

Post by Chase1 »

Hi - I had played on here for over a year. I sponsored the site. I mostly play either real time games with strangers which I finish always or turn-based games with friends. Over a year ago, I had to leave suddenly due to adopting a child and missed my turn on a number of games with friends. As expected, my reputation plunged. Since I've been back playing regularly with a good habits, I see zero change in my reputation. So is it really such a place that due to one period of life that you can never ever recover what was previously a very good reputation rating? It's really frustrating to me that I can continue to play with other people and not see a tiny budge in that rating. It's not like I could help that a child needed me suddenly.

:|
N_Faker

Re: Reputation

Post by N_Faker »

Your reputation should increase by 1% for every game you complete in which you do not run out of time.
Silene

Post by Silene »

One thing that bugs me about it is:

If you keep quitting 1 in 21 games --> you'll stay at 80-100% rep. all time
If you keep quitting 1 in 19 games --> you'll stay at 0-20% rep. all time

Small difference in quitting habit but big difference in reputation. That's a bit odd.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - season 6 started in Nov. '23 with 128 participants.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Yeah... small differences may have exceedingly different results. That's not odd.
milkolate

Post by milkolate »

I have a question about reputation. I ran out of time once in a game a couple of days ago, and my reputation plunged to 60%. I've played and finished ony time at least 10 games since then and my reputation is still 60%. I'm wonder if it's a bug or if there's really a delay. And why the plunge.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

milkolate wrote:
You have incurred too many red thumbs.
But from what I see, it may be because your account is so old, I will bug an admin about this.
milkolate

Post by milkolate »

N_Faker wrote:
milkolate wrote:
You have incurred too many red thumbs.
But from what I see, it may be because your account is so old, I will bug an admin about this.
Thank you, that means a lot. I really appreciate it.
Chase1

Post by Chase1 »

milkolate wrote:I have a question about reputation. I ran out of time once in a game a couple of days ago, and my reputation plunged to 60%. I've played and finished ony time at least 10 games since then and my reputation is still 60%. I'm wonder if it's a bug or if there's really a delay. And why the plunge.
Yeah, same with me. I have been at 67%. I played at least 5 games recently to completion and have not failed to finish any. Yet, my reputation doesn't budge.

Sigh. I'm mostly playing with friends too.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I am curious if anyone has heard anything about this. It doesn't seem right if you are not moving up as you finish games. Sure, it would be slow, but it should move. We can't see the thumbs anymore and I'm not sure quite how that affects things with this newer system. I'm sure it's based on some percent. If you keep playing the same people all the time, then no one new can give you green thumbs.

It would be nice to at least know what the problem is.
Een

Post by Een »

No problem that I can see.
- milkolate has got a high red thumb / green thumbs ratio that limits his karma -> he has been getting green thumbs lately and the limit will be removed once he gets his ratio back in good shape.
- Chase1 has no thumb limit on karma, his reputation should +1 with every finished game. It's easy to check by playing a quick game like Neutreeko with a friend.

Return to “Discussions”