Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
thieveswood12

New user cant access chat

Post by thieveswood12 »

Hi there
ive just played a game for the first time and tried to chat to my opponent but it wouldnt ‘send’. It was frustrating as he was sending me messages and I couldnt respond. Do I have to activate it somehow?
Liallan

Re: New user cant access chat

Post by Liallan »

I'm not aware that a new player can't chat on the in-game chat. I more suspect it was just an issue with how to get it sent, which could be device/browser dependent. Usually if you type something, you can just hit Enter if you don't leave the chat box. If you click outside it, I think then you must click on that little do-hickey at the right of where you're typing to get it to go. (Or you may need to do that anyway.) And you may need to click inside the typing box again before doing that. (Sorry I'm vague, but I've been using it for so long that I sort of do things by habit and don't always know what exactly I'm doing. :) )

But you don't have to "activate" it as a new player, no. And not allowing you to use it as a new player seems counter-productive, since appearing stuck-up to other players might make them not like you, so that makes no sense. (I'm not sure you're allowed to use the main chat when you're new, but that's different.)

Return to “Discussions”