Not allowed to join game unless invited?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ljlevy

Not allowed to join game unless invited?

Post by ljlevy »

I played a game of 6nimmt and was lucky enough to win (which is rare for me). Then the admin made a new table and invited people to join. When i went to join it said ‘the administrator does not want you to join the game. You must be invited’. Now there were conditions on the game and many new people were joining. So in reality did they give me a thumbs down and blocked me? That was not nice and i don’t think we should be able to block people just because they win one game. You win some you lose some, but be nice no matter what!
RicardoRix

Re: Not allowed to join game unless invited?

Post by RicardoRix »

I don't know about the red thumb thing, if so it's a pretty dumb thing to do.

Sounds like he may have proposed a rematch and then expelled you and also reduced the total number of players, or something like that.

I think normally you would not see or be able to see a newly created table that is not 'open to other players' and where he is asking invites for a new game.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I'm not sure I understand.

If the admin "invited people" as in specific people, then no you would not be able to join. We can invite certain friends, or groups, etc. We can also restrict based on skill level, etc. These games should not be showing in the top section of the invitations, which should only be games you are capable of joining and are not restricted from for whatever reason, but they will show underneath that in the lower section. But you have to open that up. (It's possible if you opened the bottom section it might have stayed on that setting?) Could also just be an error.

If they red thumbed you, yeah that would be dumb, but people will do things like that. And there's not much you can do about it. Would you want to play with someone who red-thumbed you just for winning? I wouldn't. And if it's a "personal" red thumb, it won't affect your reputation. In other words, I wouldn't worry about it. But, remember we don't know that that happened - it's only speculation on your part.
Yorgad

Post by Yorgad »

Besides I do no recommend it, you can still try private chat with him: if you get a specific message than he blocked you then you have your answer. Otherwise it should be like Ricardo said: admin started a re-match then expelled you before you could join.

Cheers,
Y.

Return to “Discussions”