Internet dropped and I reset router - Said I am a Zombie???

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Cybernoid

Internet dropped and I reset router - Said I am a Zombie???

Post by Cybernoid »

Hi I've been playing here a couple of months.

My internet froze playing Yahtzee just now and I had to reset my router.

When I got back to the game it said I was a zombie(???) and I couldn't rejoin the game. And I automatically lost even though I was winning? AND my rating has been negatively affected? Feels very unfair to be honest. Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks in advance
N_Faker

Re: Internet dropped and I reset router - Said I am a Zombie???

Post by N_Faker »

You were kicked after exceeding your allotted time. It is fair enough and functions as intended.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Well, it did function as intended, though I don't know that I agree that it's "fair." I will say "stuff happens." That is, you're not the only person who has been the victim of an internet problem. I don't know how long it took you to get back, but if you've been fine on your turns the whole game, it would be nice if people gave a bit of leeway. If you're winning, it seems logical that you are not trying to cheat... but that could also be exactly why someone wanted to skip you.
Paddles

Post by Paddles »

As someone who has also been penalised due to having lost connection (or having to attend to a sick child, without having time to post a message), I understand the frustration of feeling like "I didn't deserve it". However I think the system is fair overall - after all, the other people have no way of knowing whether someone who has disappeared is coming back, or when, especially if they haven't played you regularly (or at all). From the other side of the screen, watching a screen with nothing but a timer counting is not enjoyable game time.

As to whether people should give you more leeway, I don't think it's something you can force. Some people will be more generous/forgiving than others, just like Real Life (TM).

If it doesn't happen often, then you shouldn't have too much issue repairing your reputation - certainly the times it has happened to me haven't had a long-lasting effect.

Return to “Discussions”