Insult pop-up

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Espina

Insult pop-up

Post by Espina »

After making a bad move in a Hanabi game with a friend, I typed "Tut, that was stupid of me" in the chat box. Immediately, bga popped up a window informing me that my chat contained words that could be construed an an insult or aggressive behavior. I don't know how long this feature has been around, but it is a great idea. However, I notice that after making me click "OK" to show I had read the notice, the site went ahead and published my chat anyway, without giving me the chance to change it. Now, in this instance my friend is unlikely to consider what I typed an insult, but in the event that one had genuinely typed something offensive, either unwittingly or out of frustration, it would be more productive if the pop-up gave one the opportunity to retract it, instead of going ahead and transmitting it anyway. This would go a lot further in the aim of reducing the total amount of offensive communications, without actually censoring the chats.

As always, thanks for everything you do in maintaining this site! :)
ckwatt

Re: Insult pop-up

Post by ckwatt »

Thanks for bringing this issue up here, Espina. Many of us have found this feature to be intrusive and there is an ongoing discussion about it here as well: https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!forum/v ... =9&t=12839

Return to “Discussions”