Partida por turnos pendiente, el perdedor no juega / Turn-based game pending, the loser does not play

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
vichy

Partida por turnos pendiente, el perdedor no juega / Turn-based game pending, the loser does not play

Post by vichy »

Estoy en una partida por turnos. Último turno pendiente. Una persona, el que va a perder, lleva un retraso de 6 días en su turno. Sin embargo ayer se conectó, hace tres días estuvo jugando por aquí... Cuál es el sentido de esto? Va a perder menos por que la partida se termine por el aburrimiento de los otros dos jugadores? Acabo de descubrir que se ha estado conectando, suponía que no lo hacía. No entiendo nada. Qué estúpido me parece todo esto.

La partida, por si queréis verlo vosotros mismos: https://es.1.boardgamearena.com/pi?table=43008138

I'm in a turn-based game. Last turn pending. A person, who is going to lose, has a delay of 6 days in his turn. However yesterday he logged on, three days ago he was playing around here ... What is the meaning of this? Will he lose less because the game is over because of the boredom of the other two players? I just discovered that he's been connecting, I supposed he was not. I do not understand anything. How stupid all this seems to me.

The game, in case you want to see it yourselves: https://es.1.boardgamearena.com/pi?table=43008138

Liallan

Re: Partida por turnos pendiente, el perdedor no juega / Turn-based game pending, the loser does not play

Post by Liallan »

vichy wrote:Will he lose less because the game is over because of the boredom of the other two players?
The system doesn't know if the other players are bored or not. I don't get the connection there.

But if you skip his turn, he will lose. He will not only take the same hit he would have had he just lost, he will take extra punishment. It's not really in his interests to just stop playing. If he knows this, maybe something else is going on. If he does not, he will soon find out.
Espina

Re: Partida por turnos pendiente, el perdedor no juega / Turn-based game pending, the loser does not play

Post by Espina »

Liallan wrote:
vichy wrote:Will he lose less because the game is over because of the boredom of the other two players?
The system doesn't know if the other players are bored or not. I don't get the connection there.

But if you skip his turn, he will lose. He will not only take the same hit he would have had he just lost, he will take extra punishment. It's not really in his interests to just stop playing. If he knows this, maybe something else is going on. If he does not, he will soon find out.
So the point of the other players being bored is that if they are passive instead of being filled with righteous indignation, and they decide to collectively abandon the game, then the offending player will not lose anything. (Not reputation, not ELO) . (I've taken this approach sometimes when I think there is something going on that is not just a lack of desire to make a losing move.)

As you say, of course if his turns are skipped then he loses a lot more. OTOH, the other players "lose" as well. They suffer from opportunity loss because they only get ELO for the percentage of the game that has supposedly already happened. In this case, that was 85%, but in some games that counter creeps very slowly, and does not reflect the true fraction. In particular, in the three round version of lost cities the counter resets to 0% every round. So if you come out of round 2 200 points ahead, and you opponent simply decides to vanish, you gain no ELO at all. Pretty annoying.
Een

Post by Een »

I'm in a turn-based game. Last turn pending. A person, who is going to lose, has a delay of 6 days in his turn. However yesterday he logged on, three days ago he was playing around here ... What is the meaning of this?
Well, did you try asking this player by sending him a chat message from his profile? He'll get it next time he logs on (and by email if he doesn't log on for some time). Sometimes the easiest way is to kindly ask :)

Return to “Discussions”