Linking to other board game sites allowed

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
postmans

Linking to other board game sites allowed

Post by postmans »

I have a question to our moderators about linking to other websites.

I understand spam and (pure) advertising is not allowed, but on the other end it's not strictly forbidden to for example link to a music clip you have been discussing. However I have a case which is not so black and white but a bit more in the grey area as it involves another website to play a board game on.

I love the BGA website and my favorite game here is Hanabi, over time I've grown really interested in it, how it's played and the general culture around it. There is a nice group of enthusiastic Hanabi players on our (BGA) website. However the Hanabi culture also extends past this platform and from time to time I'd like to link within our group of Hanabi enthusiasts to external locations where something is happening which is relevant to the game of Hanabi. One of the things I'd like to discuss is another platform where Hanabi is played and ask if the enthusiast like to take a look and give their opinion. However somebody informed me that it might not be allowed to link/advertise other platforms, which finds me here writing this post to ask whether it is allowed to link to other board game sites withing game groups on BGA mainly in the form of a discussion about it?
Een

Re: Linking to other board game sites allowed

Post by Een »

Well, this can be looked at as using a ressource that exists because and through the BGA platform to redirect enthusiasts to another platform. Which doesn't seem quite fair :)

Maybe it would be more appropriate to post your request for opinions on this other website on a platform neutral bulletin board like BGG, where you can certainly reach quite a number of Hanabi enthusiasts?

Also, since asking this question (thanks for asking!) suggests that you are a person who cares about being proper, you might consider checking if this platform is officially sanctioned by the publisher (I'm not saying it's not, I don't know) before giving it some form of advertisement.

Return to “Discussions”