Steamrolling players

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
velvetnsatin

Steamrolling players

Post by velvetnsatin »

What do you do about players that try and steamroll the creator of the game room?

I recently created a game for Coloretto, was waiting for more people, these two guys showed up and asked me to make it available for max amount of players, I did as asked. Not 30 seconds later they wanted to start the game. I told them I would like to wait another person and they then said I had 30 seconds and then left the game. One of them did this again tonight in the same game. Luckily I had one person who showed during his ultimatum 30 second time limit. But what am I suppose to do about this as a new player and a new room creator? I am super open most times, but certain games need more than 3 players to make it feel balanced.
N_Faker

Re: Steamrolling players

Post by N_Faker »

Give them a red thumb.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

You are the creator of the table -- set it up how you want it.
If someone wants a table set up a particular way, they are free to set up one how they want -- there is no need to bully someone into changing it to suit their tastes. The table administrator can also expel people from the table, so they can't clog up a spot and force you to do it their way.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Jest Phulin wrote:You are the creator of the table -- set it up how you want it.
This.

Just be careful that no matter how annoyed you get, don't say anything bad to them, or then they turn you in and you turn into the bad guy. You can go into their profile and leave a "personal" red thumb, that is, that basically is saying you personally don't want them on your games. (You can't leave a "site-wide" red thumb unless you complete a game with them.) You can also leaves comments (right under the thumbs) to remind yourself who they are if you see them.

Return to “Discussions”