Ras le bol

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Liallan

Re: Ras le bol

Post by Liallan »

Lotus Blossom wrote: Exactly how I feel about it all, and my experience of chat too. Also, particularly in turn based games, the chat function is awful. You have to go into a game to see the chat, which you wouldn't do if they had the last move and then said gg or whatever. I would like all conversations to be accessible in one place, with links to the actual game for context. I'm sure I must have missed many a comment :(
I actually feel the exact opposite about the chat issues, and my experience of the chat seems to be different than yours. I play 99% turn-based. When I'm not in the game and someone chats, it shows up wherever I am on the site. So I do not have to go into the game to see it. But, if I respond outside of the game, it never shows up on the game itself, so I don't think people are seeing that if they are on the game. So I no longer respond to chats outside of the game, to make sure they are showing up with the game.

I'd rather have the chat connected to the game, not outside it. Those just seem to get lost, and I also might not realize who is even talking. The name of the game and ID number is on it, but that ID means nothing to me, so if I'm playing more than one of that game, I might not even know who is talking to me. And as a general rule, if we're talking about the game at all, I need to be able to see it, so having the chat somewhere else doesn't do me any good.

In the end, what they need is for the chat to be consistent, which it is not. (There was a time it worked better. I no longer remember how it used to work, but I do remember I didn't like the changes.)
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

tchobello wrote:Le comportement général a changé depuis que les pouces rouge et vert n'ont plus le même rôle.

J'ai l'impression que les pouces verts ne servent plus à rien.
Auparavant, je mettais un vert quand il y avait un bonjour et un gg.
Maintenant, je ne mets plus rien, qu'il y ait un bonjour ou le silence radio.
The problem with that is if too many people have stopped leaving green thumbs, then everyone has a far lower percentage of them relative to red thumbs, which I think is a bad thing.

(I'm aware that's the fault of the changes of the site and the fact that the thumbs no longer show. When they don't show up, I think people are more inclined to think of them as not important. Especially newer members who have no memory of them ever showing.)

I personally leave a green thumb for everyone I play with, as long as they didn't do anything bad. If someone is kind of "meh" then I don't leave anything. I think one thing some people may not realize is that if you discover later that they are not someone you care to play with, you can change the thumb to red. You click on the green one and both the green & red appear, and then you can "re-thumb them."
fafa-fr

Post by fafa-fr »

cavaliera wrote:Comment étendre cette notion de convivialité ?
-en créant un groupe dédié?
Comme l'a indiqué sourisdudesert : ça tombe bien il y en a déjà un !
Talkative and friendly games
Vous pouvez vous inscrire dans ce groupe, et sur la page du groupe cliquer sur le bouton "Discuter" pour lancer une invitation pour un jeu. Ça fait longtemps que je n'ai pas essayé, je ne sais pas si ça marche bien, mais ça vaut le coup d'essayer.

Return to “Discussions”