General Questions

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
souly4

General Questions

Post by souly4 »

Hi, these questions are directed to the admins mainly.

Is there a stat about the development of active users in the last months/years, especially since the introduction of the waiting screen? I really mean basic users, not members.

And can one obtain a stat about which players have the most games in total on this site? So far I only know the option most games in a certain game which can be selected at the trophies page.
Last edited by souly4 on 23 June 2019, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
asd123321

Re: General Questions

Post by asd123321 »

Where do we see thumbs up and down totals for someone? Or is it just for ourselves
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

asd123321 wrote:Where do we see thumbs up and down totals for someone? Or is it just for ourselves
You don't. You can't even see your own. That has not been visible since they changed the reputation system. I'd love to be able to see those again.
souly4

Post by souly4 »

Is there a feature that allows someone to receive a message when it's a friend's birthday (of course he must have indicated it in the profile)?

And can one see a list somewhere which persons have added you as a friend, but not reverse?
souly4

Post by souly4 »

I continue keeping with this thread for minor questions, and two new rose up today:

What is the criterion for the order of games listed in one's profile? The main factor appears to be rank, but for example I'm slightly lower in 6 nimmt than in Reversi, plus with fewer total games in the former.

What are all the existing ways to collect gift points? I wonder that I've been on a help page about that topic, but can't find it right now...
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

souly4 wrote: 23 June 2019, 19:06 What is the criterion for the order of games listed in one's profile? The main factor appears to be rank, but for example I'm slightly lower in 6 nimmt than in Reversi, plus with fewer total games in the former.
Total prestige value.
souly4 wrote: 23 June 2019, 19:06 What are all the existing ways to collect gift points? I wonder that I've been on a help page about that topic, but can't find it right now...
https://boardgamearena.com/contribute
eoc

Post by eoc »

N_Faker wrote: 23 June 2019, 19:10
souly4 wrote: 23 June 2019, 19:06 What is the criterion for the order of games listed in one's profile? The main factor appears to be rank, but for example I'm slightly lower in 6 nimmt than in Reversi, plus with fewer total games in the former.
Total prestige value.
More precisely, the sum of all your trophies' prestige points. This includes your ELO rank trophy (Apprentice/Average/Good/Strong/Expert), all tournament trophies (places 1/2/3) as well as the achievements for X played games, X victories, being in the top X overall for victories and games played, and whatever else I forgot :)
souly4

Post by souly4 »

Yes that helps... And it seems to be accurate this way, I simply didn't take this method of scoring into consideration.
I understood it anyway what N_Faker intended to express, 'total' prestige should be clear enough. Even if not all medals are displayed everytime, especially with people who receive huge amounts of tournament achievements.
souly4

Post by souly4 »

Can anyone tell me why the statistics about average time spent are so skewed (inaccurate)?
I've not witnessed an exception for this yet, and it hasn't been this way at my first months active here. Take Dragonheart for example.
https://boardgamearena.com/playerstat?i ... 85&game=23
The table shows 148.49 minutes for me even though I would need less than 4 minutes for sure per game and I never choose turn-based...
martainthesky

Post by martainthesky »

Each time I try to play a game I get the warning 'For now, you can't join more than 4 turn-based games. This limit increases by one each time you finish a turn-based game. :) (You have 0 games in progress and 4 tables waiting to be open to players) (You can Play in real-time instead)'.

I can't figure out what those 4 tables are and how I can leave them so I can start another game. Can anyone help, please?

Return to “Discussions”