Beta testers wanted! A new "browser notifications" functionnality is coming!

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Een

Re: Beta testers wanted! A new "browser notifications" functionnality is coming!

Post by Een »

bockatore wrote:As others have noted, the "Your turn-based games: 1 waiting for you / 13 in progress" is broken and doesn't appear to automatically refresh. When I refreshed the page, I saw that I had a game to play. However, I never received a pop up web browser notification about it, despite the test message coming through.
This bug was unrelated (and thus, off topic). Anyway, it has been fixed with todays release. Ok, let's talk about notifications now :)
Een

Re: Beta testers wanted! A new "browser notifications" functionnality is coming!

Post by Een »

yoyote wrote: Edit : j'ai mis à 'oui' toutes les options.
je viens de recevoir un mail comme quoi c'est à mon tour de jouer une partie en tour par tour, mais je n'ai pas reçu de notif. Par contre, c'est une partie que j'ai débuté avant mon inscription aux notifs.

Edit 2 : cette fois, j'ai bien reçu une notif comme quoi c'est à moi de jouer en tour par tour, (toujours pour la même partie)
Thanks for the feedback. I realized that with default options, the notifications was dumped if it could not be delivered after 5 minutes (if the browser was not running). This was of course not acceptable for turn based, and I changed the options so that the notification was kept longer in store (one week) before being dumped if not delivered. It should work reliably now :)
Een

Post by Een »

CB Droege wrote:I went through the steps but did not get a test notification. I'm on Windows 10 with Chrome version 70.0.3538.110
I tested with Chrome 70 on linux but don't have access to Chrome 70 on windows 10. Did someone else get the same trouble?
CB Droege wrote:It does work for me on mobile.
Great!
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

Een wrote:
CB Droege wrote:I went through the steps but did not get a test notification. I'm on Windows 10 with Chrome version 70.0.3538.110
I tested with Chrome 70 on linux but don't have access to Chrome 70 on windows 10. Did someone else get the same trouble?
My Windows 10 Chrome just upgraded to Version 71.0.3578.80. Still not receiving any notifications, including tests. I checked all my settings, and I don't have notifications disabled anywhere (I get notifications from other sites successfully.)
Een

Post by Een »

CB Droege wrote:My Windows 10 Chrome just upgraded to Version 71.0.3578.80. Still not receiving any notifications, including tests. I checked all my settings, and I don't have notifications disabled anywhere (I get notifications from other sites successfully.)
Strange. No idea why. Could you try Firefox on the same desktop?
Een

Post by Een »

bockatore wrote:On one of the two computers I tested this on, I had website notifications globally blocked. It took a little while to figure out how to unblock them since the symptom was I never got a browser (Firefox) popup asking me if I wanted to allow notifications from this site. On the notifications tab in the preferences page you might want to display how to check for this. In Firefox:

Go to about:preferences#privacy, Permissions->Notifications->Settings->Uncheck "Block new requests asking to allow notifications".
Unfortunately, we can't add a description of where to check this in all browsers (would be too big, and browsers can change their interface when they please too). But I can add a generic note to check for that in case of not receiving test notifications.
brisdaz

Post by brisdaz »

Does the web browser push notification interfere with the device indicator? I just had a game where the last interaction with the website was via the laptop browser but it still showed up as mobile.
Een

Post by Een »

brisdaz wrote:Does the web browser push notification interfere with the device indicator? I just had a game where the last interaction with the website was via the laptop browser but it still showed up as mobile.
Completely unrelated. Really. This functionnality is quite separate from everything else.
brisdaz

Post by brisdaz »

15444652525260.jpg
15444652525260.jpg (81.99 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
The push notifications on chrome mobile browser says it's coming from 49y which i presume means 49 years ago.
Een

Post by Een »

brisdaz wrote: The push notifications on chrome mobile browser says it's coming from 49y which i presume means 49 years ago.
:lol:
No idea if I have control over this or if it comes from google push servers or from your phone OS. I'll take a look at notifications on my phone, I didn't see that...

EDIT: this has been solved, thanks for reporting it!

Return to “Discussions”