6 month option for premium gone?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
brisdaz

6 month option for premium gone?

Post by brisdaz »

When did BGA get rid of the 6 month subscription option?

Also is there any chance of Cyber Monday or Singles Day deep discount?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Re: 6 month option for premium gone?

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

Only few % of BGA players were subscribing the 6 months option so we removed it.
crouik

Post by crouik »

I was looking for the one year subscription, but it seems to be gone too.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

crouik wrote:I was looking for the one year subscription, but it seems to be gone too.
It is not: it is called "yearly".
crouik

Post by crouik »

I've only seen a "yearly" option for which a payment is required each month. My understanding is it is using an automatic renewal.

I miss the one time payment option for a one year period. Or maybe that option is still available but hidden somewhere?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

As specified on the Premium page, the yearly membership is billed once per year.

Note that you can also subscribe a 1 year membership without automatic renewal by choosing Paypal option.

Hope this helps.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

I bought premium and then chose "cancel subscription" - it means I will be premium until the end of period (year) but it will not be renewed automatically. I just like doing payments myself :)
I must also agree that wording is a bit hard to understand. As well as confusion about 2 per month payment, as well what exactly canceling of a subscription means.
Anyway I am happy for one more year being together! Thanks to sitekeepers and all the community.
One of my new year resolutions is to play more here - as intelectual challenge. And learn Belote finally
crouik

Post by crouik »

sourisdudesert wrote:As specified on the Premium page, the yearly membership is billed once per year.

Note that you can also subscribe a 1 year membership without automatic renewal by choosing Paypal option.

Hope this helps.
This sure helps a lot! Thanks for those informations. I was not aware of such options.

I'm now a happy BGA supporter again. Keep up the good work!
Caffe Latte wrote:I bought premium and then chose "cancel subscription" - it means I will be premium until the end of period (year) but it will not be renewed automatically. I just like doing payments myself :)
I must also agree that wording is a bit hard to understand. As well as confusion about 2 per month payment, as well what exactly canceling of a subscription means.
Yes, you are right, the wording on the premium page is confusing. Had I known those details when my previous membership expired, I would have renewed immediatly.

Maybe some mention on that premium page for people like us who hate automatic renewal could lead to more memberships!
brisdaz

Post by brisdaz »

brisdaz wrote: Also is there any chance of Cyber Monday or Singles Day deep discount?
Since this was ignored perhaps BGA admins think it's already priced fairly. What about a partnership with humble bundle? It would help with promoting the website as well as help charity.

Return to “Discussions”