Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

New chat (beta)

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi,

We introduced today a new chat for BGA, with many improvements.

The number of changes is quite big, but here are the most significant changes:
  • Your own messages are aligned on the right to distinguish them from the messages from the other players.
  • When you send several messages in a row they are "joined" into a single block of text.
  • The time of each message is now integrated to the message itself.
  • When you type a long message, the input zone is growing with your message.
  • When a message has been read, he won't "pop" again. Consequently, in turn based games, only new messages will "pop" when you arrive on the page.
  • There is a "read" indicator for private messages (signalling that your message has been read).
  • The chat now survives after the game ends: you can continue to chat with the other players even if you or they have left the table.
  • For table chat, there is now a clear "X left the chat" message when someone leaves the chat.
As this is an important number of changes, there may be some issues with the new chat. Please do not hesitate to post here your feedback so we can fix & improve it.

Enjoy!
Lena the Great

Re: New chat (beta)

Post by Lena the Great »

The "auto-messages" in the game-chat used to turn up in swedish for me both when I sent them or recieved them, but is now in english.
Perhaps it's ment to be so?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Lena the Great wrote:Perhaps it's ment to be so?
Of course not. Thanks for pointing this, it's going to be fixed soon.
Lena the Great

Post by Lena the Great »

Thank you :)
yoyote

Post by yoyote »

Thx for improvements.
On Android smartphone, with Chrome, in Real Time game the new messages aren't marked with a red number.
Maybe a side-effect of turn base game improvement ?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

yoyote wrote:On Android smartphone, with Chrome, in Real Time game the new messages aren't marked with a red number.
Thanks for pointing this. it's going to be fixed soon.
yoyote

Post by yoyote »

Thanks to you !
chrisa

Post by chrisa »

Hello,

It worked perfectly until yesterday, and I appreciated the improvement.
But today, I cannot see the last comments in the chat window.
I mean:
- I left a comment one hour ago: I cannot see it anymore in the chat window (the last comment I can see was written by my opponent yesterday)
- My opponent answered with 3 comments, I could see that from the main window. But when I go to the table, his comments have disappeared (I can see only those from yesterday).
- I wrote that to him in the chat window. Again, my comment cannot be read anymore...
Has any change been made recently (yesterday evening or today)? Do other players have the same issue?
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

@chrisa: thanks for pointing this.

There is indeed a bug for turn based table that started BEFORE 15th february (date of the update). Chat messages sent after Feb 15th are displayed at the top of the chat history while messages sent before Feb 15th are displayed at the bottom.

This is irritating, sorry for that. The good news is that it is temporary: on all new tables since Feb 15th the bug do not exists.
RicardoRix

Post by RicardoRix »

After a game has finished. The 'See final game position' would take you back to the table and show the chat. The chat is no longer there. Any last second 'gg' is being potentially missed, as well as possibly catching up or what was said. The same is true for the 'Replay last turn' button.

Return to “Discussions”