Question on hotseat mode.

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Jest Phulin

Question on hotseat mode.

Post by Jest Phulin »

Wondering if anyone can answer a question on how hotseat mode works before I have to try it out as I'm setting up the table... :)

I am a premium member with my own computer, and want to play a game with two non-premium members who share a (different) computer.
Can I set up a game where they can use their computer in hotseat mode? If so, are there any tricks I need to know in order to do that?

Thanks.
RicardoRix

Re: Question on hotseat mode.

Post by RicardoRix »

even if this doesn't work, I think you could play with your friends where they have 1 computer and 2 different browsers.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

afaik, The host is the one who sets out the hotseats, and the hotseat player(s) must play at the host's PC.

So, if you want your two friends to play from one PC elsewhere one of them must host, which means they have to be premium, I think...
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

OK, for the others who have this same question....

Apparently hotseat mode does not allow a new account to join the table with the same computer, but a new player. This is a slight, but important, difference. When a hotseat is created, it asks for a one-time-use player name, not a link to an account.

So, for multiple people to play from the same computer with the same browser, it is required to be from the (premium) host's computer.

Multiple devices sharing the same IP are still fine, though. (Just watch out for an echo with audio/video chat.... :) )

Return to “Discussions”