Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
LobsterMania

Re: Moving to next table now intermediate window appears

Post by LobsterMania »

Hello,

I'm unable to load any replay, it get stuck in the middle of the progress bar on the loading screen.

(using firefox v67)
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

dudi2 wrote: 11 June 2019, 17:31 Before the change in an early phase of page loading it was already possible to see the game situation on many games completely. The only thing not yet possible was to select the next move as some secondary informations needed to load (like log etc.).
Yes, this old situation was actually very helpful to me.
During those final loading I could easily get back in the game by looking what was going on.
So to me it almost felt that there was no loading at all because I already was involved in the game.
It even helped me to make my next move more quickly.

In contrast to the new situation
where I just have to wait while a picture of the game is loading ~ yet already boring to me.
This also often takes much more loadingtime as before;
some games often are annoying slow for example Solo.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

Actually yes, I realised the difference too - in previous life I used this time to think since I saw the game position. Now I am kind of sitting behind curtain.

I wonder if this window could be transparent :D
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

dudi2 wrote: 11 June 2019, 17:31
This allowed to think about the next move early during loading of the game page. Now I have to wait till I can think about the next move.
Just an update: we want to address this issue. We are going to look for a technical solution to allow you to "preview" the situation if the images are 100% loaded and the log history is still loading (like you used to do).

What we cannot and won't do is to rollback to the previous situation that show you a game situation with images not yet loaded, and with an interface that was "freezed" with no explanations while the log history is beeing displayed.
JollyBird

Post by JollyBird »

sourisdudesert wrote: 11 June 2019, 20:16 Just an update: we want to address this issue. We are going to look for a technical solution to allow you to "preview" the situation if the images are 100% loaded and the log history is still loading (like you used to do).
Nice; will be helpfull.
vichy

Post by vichy »

it's not just not being able to think about movement. there are games that are very uncomfortable to play on the mobile. I directly jump those games. Now I have to wait for them to fully charge so I can skip them. I do not know, the feeling now is that everything is going slower. see a static image of a game instead of a board of a game in progress does not add anything.
mybearybest

Post by mybearybest »

The intermediate window freezes whenever I try to open my Alveole game. All others worked without a hitch.
boogier

Post by boogier »

I cannot play Tablut now:
https://boardgamearena.com/1/tablut?table=52571255
Please remove this "intermediate window". Even when it works, I cannot pre-look at the situation on the board. Please remove this modification! Nothing good come from it to me. Or at least allow to disable it in the options. Please....
Last edited by boogier on 12 June 2019, 05:58, edited 3 times in total.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Doesn't load for me either.
infrareddandelion

Post by infrareddandelion »

I hate this intermediate window thing. Please remove it!

Return to “Discussions”