Is there a bug in the color assignment? I always get assigned yellow even though its none of my favourite 4 colors.

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
NeonMika

Is there a bug in the color assignment? I always get assigned yellow even though its none of my favourite 4 colors.

Post by NeonMika » 21 August 2019, 11:48

Hello!

I just just discovered this site, it's great and this I directly supported it with a premium account.
Now I also want to use the premium features and selected my favourite colors (in the following order): Cyan, Khaki Green, Green, Blue.
I would love to play with them.

But no matter what game I play, with other premiums, without, etc. I always get assigned Yellow.
If the game (such as Can't Stop) does not have the colors cyan or khaki green, in my point of view it should at least fall back to green, not yellow, right?
Is this a bug?

Greets,
NeonMika

RicardoRix

Re: Is there a bug in the color assignment? I always get assigned yellow even though its none of my favourite 4 colors.

Post by RicardoRix » 21 August 2019, 12:25

Each game must implement this feature, and most do in my experience, I play as yellow. I'd say 9/10 games I am playing as yellow.

But also the colour of your choice must be available in the game, and again each game is implemented differently with the it's own available selection of colours. It may be that Cyan is not used that often.

Other premium players may beat you to the punch for green.

Just for some time I recommend putting Green as your first choice. See how that goes.

And this only happens at the start of the game where colours will be assigned for the rest of the game.

NeonMika

Re: Is there a bug in the color assignment? I always get assigned yellow even though its none of my favourite 4 colors.

Post by NeonMika » 21 August 2019, 12:34

If I play a game that supports color assignment (such as Can't Stop) and there is no other premium, in my opinion this means that I should be assigned one of my favourite colors if at least one of them is available (for Can't Stop, Green and Blue would be available for example).
Still, the other (non-premium) players get those colors, and I am assigned Yellow.

I know that I can move Green first of my favourite colors, but that would also assign Green in games that would support Cyan.

I just think that it does not make sense to support the selection of alternative colors ("if favourite not available") if this selection is not considered / broken?

Greets,
Markus

Return to “Discussions”