Finding open tables, quitting tables w/o penalty

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
noahmotion

Finding open tables, quitting tables w/o penalty

Post by noahmotion »

I have a couple questions about playing games here on BGA.

First, how do you find open tables to join? I figured out how to create a table, open it up to other players, and wait for others to join, but I can't figure out where to look for open tables created by other people.

Second, I created a few tables to play some games with my kids, but then we decided not to play the games before even starting them. Or, at least that's what I thought I had done, and now I'm getting messages that the games are ongoing and that time has run out for someone's turn. Is there a way to get rid of these tables without incurring a karma penalty?

Edited to add that I figured out how to propose to quit a game collectively, so the second question doesn't need an answer, I guess.

Thanks.
DrKarotte

Re: Finding open tables, quitting tables w/o penalty

Post by DrKarotte »

You probably use the "easy" mode with automatic matchmaking; just tick the games you want to play, and the first where enough players are found starts. At the to right you can change this to "advanced" to have full control, here you can see all open tables waiting for players.
Jest Phulin

Re: Finding open tables, quitting tables w/o penalty

Post by Jest Phulin »

Answering the second question, even though you said you didn't need it. :)

There is also a "training mode" that can be employed. With this mode, there are no time limits to moves and no penalty for leaving the game. Additionally, there are no ELO adjustments, so people don't go back through your game history and claim you are trying to boost your ELO by playing against the same opponents.

Return to “Discussions”