How do you concede?

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Carol the Cool

How do you concede?

Post by Carol the Cool »

I don't plan to concede, but it would be useful to know how in case of an emergency. Thanks.
Jest Phulin

Re: How do you concede?

Post by Jest Phulin »

In the upper right corner of the game table screen, there is a gear icon for actions. Clicking on this brings up a menu, and this is where the white flag concede option is.

And, the crazy extra stuff that normally gets asked when someone is talking about conceding....
Conceding is only for 2-player games that have progressed at least 50% of the game. The system treats it as if a full game was played (non-conceding player winning, conceding player losing; win/loss records being updated, ELO adjusted) and only requires the approval of the player conceding. The game ends immediately.

Collective abandoning can be done at any time, but requires all players with a positive clock to agree. If they all do, the system treats it as if the game never happened (no ELO adjustment, no change in games played, etc.). Until all players agree, though, the game is still active and players can still receive time out/abandon penalties. The option to propose an abandon is in the same menu as conceding.
Lotus Blossom

Post by Lotus Blossom »

Also, you can't concede in a tournament, which seems silly to me, but hey-ho
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Lotus Blossom wrote: 09 November 2019, 19:33 Also, you can't concede in a tournament, which seems silly to me, but hey-ho
It really should be limited to not conceding in Round Robin because they use point differential...though the tiebreaker setup should probably be fixed for that too so concedes wouldn't matter...but would be more complicated to keep track of...and hard to think of fair secondary tiebreakers after head to head, point diff seems fairest...or you could just share the position.

Return to “Discussions”