FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
MeepleWizard

Re: FAQ: new achievements & XP system

Post by MeepleWizard »

Yeah just really had to laugh ... won Carcassonne Marathon Cup ... instead of my 13.000 trophies, i got 300 XP 😅 such a disappointment. I mean how do you wonna catch up in terms of XP to other players if tournements are worth basically nothing. And a simple 10 player cup is worth the same like a marathon cup? Then i can just play 10p tournements with some weak players and grind XP ...

The XP in tournements should have the same value like trophies. Which means the XP should increase by the number of players participating and their XP count. Would only be fair. Else tournements are useless ... or atleast the big / long tournements will be ...
max2max

Post by max2max »

_ A tournament can bring a maximum of 300 XP

I STRONGLY disagree. Tournaments XP should be scored based on # of players,their ELO, and tournament lasting.
I gained 8K of Prestige by winning a yearly tournament with 90-100 players. And now? 300 XP? Bah !!!
vigorousRoll

Post by vigorousRoll »

As to the downward adjustment in XP value for Top-20, Top-10,Top-5, etc., badges for games that see less traffic, keep in mind that game developers who add their games to the BGA portfolio are hoping that the BGA exposure will increase interest and sales for their games. Care should be taken to see that those badges are still worth enough to interest our players in playing them so that developers will remain incentivized to bring more games our way.
colicoman

Post by colicoman »

What about create XP for a torunament in terms of players that participate in the tournament.

FOr example 10XP ( this number as to be discuss) by player.

Which mean in one hand for a tournament with 10 people, the winner will gain 100 XP, Second 50 and 25 for the thrid

ANd in the other hand a tournament with 256 people, the winner will gain 2560XP, Second 1280 and third 640.

Moreover I think Arena thophees give too much XP in comparaison to tournament.

Just finish top 5 in arena (dice forge) give me 12kXP whereas winning a tournament give only 300?? I am worried you will lose tournament players and every one will play on arena.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

For all those that are complaining about tournament points...these are TEMPORARY fixes. They are working out a better system and will eventually implement it, so your points for legitimate tournaments will be largely restored.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

sprockitz is right: XP for tournaments is TEMPORARY.

Some of you are saying that each tournament is 300 XP: this is not true.

XP of a tournament depends on the level of the participants, just like before. 300 XP is just a maximum.

The previous system was totally broken, so we assume that the current XP for tournaments is way less rewarding.

Our plan is to label some tournaments created by the community as "official", if they met some conditions (ex: planned enough time in advance, open to anyone, popular among strongest players,....). These official tournaments are going to bring much XP than the ohers.

We we will introduce these "official" label, we will re-equilibrate the XP for all pas tournaments.

In the meantime, play tournaments for what they are: a mean to challenge good players, and not a way to earn XP.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

cosmosis wrote: 15 April 2020, 21:56 One question I have is if 1st/2nd/etc ELO awards are permanent, how does that work for new games?

Does the first person who wins a new game when it comes out on the site get a permanent 1st place ELO trophy?
Good point.

TOP Elo achievements are now restricted to 300+ ELO. So the first player to reach 300 ELO will get the achievement first.

However, the XP points awarded by this achievement depends on the number of ranked players at the moment you earn it. So gaining an achievements early, when there are not much players in the system, does not bring you so many XP.

Now the 2 additional questions you may have:
  • Does it means that if no one has more than 300 ELO, no one gets the "Top ELO achievement"? => yes. But we think the "top ELO" are not very significant otherwise.
  • If I'm the first to get the "Top 1" Elo for a new game, I don't earn much XP. What if 1 month later, when this achievement has an highest "XP value", I gain this achievement again? => Your XP is for this achievement is increased.
lemoncheese

Post by lemoncheese »

I see a lot of comments, that the new tournament system is bad (which I agree with). But a lot of people seem to miss, that this is only a TEMPORARY change, not a PERMANENT one. As long as the new system meets certain criteria, i don't see a problem. I think we just have to wait.
zak21

Post by zak21 »

@sourisdudesert you mentioned BGA achievment example: "3 games discovered on BGA".
I have not any similar achievement having 102 different titles played / 88 different titles with at least 1 win.
Please do not tell me that I have to play all these games again. Some of them are of course great and this is only lacking numer of possible opponents, but some of them are just not in my style ;)

P.S.
Any big achievemnt planned for trying all games? :twisted:
liefde_is

Post by liefde_is »

I'm also waiting for those played that many type of games achievement! I achieved at least that one with 3! but not seen it yet :)

Return to “Discussions”