Arena Season 1 - Games configuration changed (complete list)

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Arena Season 1 - Games configuration changed (complete list)

Post by sourisdudesert » 16 April 2020, 13:23

Here is the complete list of all games configuration changes for the Arena Season 1 (compared to Season 0).

7 Wonders: 3 players
Carcassonne: expansions "The Rivers" & "Inns&Cathedrals"
Kalah: 5 stones
NXS: game type is now "Medium Game-Single Merchant (10 pieces)"
Stone Age: 2 players
Terra Mystica: Extension landscape is ON.
Tokaido: Preparations is off, Gastronomy is on.

Imay

Re: Arena Season 1 - Games configuration changed (complete list)

Post by Imay » 16 April 2020, 16:37

Hello,
How do you define the configurations?
Can we suggest some, or it is set with game statistics?

thanks again for all your work !!

sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert » 16 April 2020, 16:41

Mosly from discussions on the forums.

See here for ex:
viewtopic.php?f=175&t=14396

KiriloIglica

Post by KiriloIglica » 16 April 2020, 20:30

Hey, first time poster but big fan of the website - great work!

As a 7 Wonders player (reached Elite in Season 0 if it matters) I must ask why did you change configuration from 4 to 3 players? Imho 4 players was just perfect, really enjoyed playing Season 0 and now after few games of new 3 player configuration it doesn't feel right, 4 players was so much better. Was the change made by statistics or to make queue time faster or majority of players prefer to play 7 Wonders as 3 players or something else? I'd really like to hear reasoning behind this change if possible.

Also one additional small question, why 7 Wonders doesn't have Diamond league? It goes from Platinum to Elite skipping Diamond.

Thanks!

Zojangles

Post by Zojangles » 16 April 2020, 20:53

I was really hoping that Lost Cities would be bumped up to 3 rounds. It cuts down the luck factor big time. With a single round even the best player has a 60/40 winning ratio.

nmego

Post by nmego » 16 April 2020, 21:15

KiriloIglica wrote:
16 April 2020, 20:30
Hey, first time poster but big fan of the website - great work!

As a 7 Wonders player (reached Elite in Season 0 if it matters) I must ask why did you change configuration from 4 to 3 players? Imho 4 players was just perfect, really enjoyed playing Season 0 and now after few games of new 3 player configuration it doesn't feel right, 4 players was so much better. Was the change made by statistics or to make queue time faster or majority of players prefer to play 7 Wonders as 3 players or something else? I'd really like to hear reasoning behind this change if possible.

Also one additional small question, why 7 Wonders doesn't have Diamond league? It goes from Platinum to Elite skipping Diamond.

Thanks!
Hi Kirilolglica, this was a result of 7 pages of discussion over the topic here https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=14361

You might want to check this brilliant guide written by Pistolero, who has the highest Elo in 7Wonders. It might breathe more life into the 3p format for you. https://boardgamearena.com/forum/viewto ... 92&t=14557

The Luggage

Post by The Luggage » 16 April 2020, 22:19

There's never been an Arena game of

Dark Agent

Games should therefore have been made 2-player, which many believe is best anyway, thanks!

MyNameIsBlue

Post by MyNameIsBlue » 16 April 2020, 22:35

Agree with Zojangles that Lost Cities 3 rounds is an optimal improvement.

dschingis27

Post by dschingis27 » 17 April 2020, 07:13

It should be noted that some configurations will alternate by season. So 7Wonders will go back to 4p in the next season.

So what we really need is a complete list with all current settings (easily accessible from the Arena page!) including some indication for games where the configuration changes back in the future. I think such list already existed but I cannot find it anymore.

Edit: Now that Arena is 'official' there should be sth. in the official FAQs about it. For new players it's a little hard to find out what is all about this mode, most info is hidden in the forum (although the principles of Arena are easy to grasp).

Béret Vert

Post by Béret Vert » 17 April 2020, 10:20

Hello ! Thank you for all of what you did end what you are doing ! You made my month !

But please, why change 7 wonders to 3 players instead of 4 ?
It make the game less enjoyable because it miss one strategic factor crucial to the game, the management of resources ! With 3 players you always get what you want easily, it's only battle for the points.. And the age 1 is way less fun..

I hope you will listen to me and a lot of other players I've discussed with.

Thank you for reading me and again thank you for all your work, You rock !

Return to “Discussions”