Medals removed from XP page

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
firexed

Medals removed from XP page

Post by firexed »

I noticed that our medals/achievements have been removed from our XP page- don't really like this change, anyone else thinks the same ?
Jest Phulin

Re: Medals removed from XP page

Post by Jest Phulin »

Well, probably not the people who were complaining that the page was too cluttered.... (Somewhere in the Suggestions forum). :D

The XP system is still in beta, so there will be various changes. If you want to see your achievements, follow the link in the top-right of your XP section. You can even expand it to see what each medal means.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

the XP page was cluttered with too many similar trophies before. My hope is this is temporary while they work on a way to display the more meaningful stuff on the page.
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

Hi

There is now a link on top right of each XP section to display all achievements of any players.

Note: we will probably improve this whole section in the future, but we had to fix problems linked to this section immediately (see below).

This main reasons are:
_ since we've added many new achievelents (and plan to add more), there were way too many achievements displayed here, making the section difficult to read.
_ we now have an optimized page to display achievements for a given player, so this is way better to redirect you to it.
_ the number of achivements to be displayed was causing a huge slowdown when displaying this page for some of you. Some of you was not even able to display their profile page anymore because of this.

Other (non exhaustive) reasons:
_ we were only displaying the 10 most important achievements, with no indication that there were more. The new screen is way more clear and cleaner.
_ the new screen also display the achievements not related to a given game (BGA achievements).
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

I'm glad I found this thread, because I've been looking for my tournament trophies for several days now! :mrgreen:

Since this change is still in beta mode, I have one request: would it be possible to separate out the tournament trophies from the BGA trophies? Perhaps a checkbox could be added at the top of the achievements page so the viewer can unselect BGA trophies. I honestly don't want to see dozens of trophies for having played 2 games on BGA, or having played on an Android phone, or having added a friend. Those are probably fun to get when the event first happens, but they are meaningless to me when I look at my own (or someone else's) page. Seeing tournament trophies is fun, though! Many tournament creators put a lot of effort into their tournaments' themes & trophy images. It's a shame for those to get lost among all the "1st/5th/10th/... victory" trophies.
Sark

Post by Sark »

I noticed that achievements have disappeared and I had not the idea to click on the top right link. I understand why this has been done but it could have been done in a way that medals can be easily retrived. Now you have to click the link (when you know it exists), to scroll the games list and click again on the game in order to display the medals. If displaying all the medals on the page was too much, at least replace them by a link (labelled "achievemens for example") for each game that displays the related achievements so that info can be quickly and seasily found. Because in my opinion this new page will kill achievements because few players only will see it...

Return to “Discussions”