Thanks a lot for your feedback, which help us a lot to identify solutions to make the turn-based Arena back.
Good news: based on your ideas, we managed to add some rules to turn turn-based Arena to - hopefully - prevent the cheaters to abuse Arena ranking system. The new rules are already in place, and the turn-based Arena is back.
- For Arena turn-based game, for a given game, you are now forced to play on the table where it's your turn for the longest time. Example: if you have 2 Carcassonne games, you can't play on the game where it's you turn for 5 minutes before playing on the other one it's your turn for 5 hours.
- You cannot start a Arena realtime game if you have a turn based game with the same game in progress where it is your turn to play.
- At the end of the season, all turn based games will be stopped, and the player who consumed the most time will lost the game (all the opponents will be winners).
This can obliviously evolve in the future, depending on what happened.
To conclude, we hope that all of this will show that we are taking these subjects (Arena, cheating, competition modes...) very seriously. We know that there is a lot of work still to be done on these subjects and that it does not evolve fast enough for many of you, but please be sure that we are working on it.
The rest of this thread is left now for archive:
We had to remove turn-based Arena on Season 3, because it's way to easy to cheat the system using turn-based tables.
Cheaters were using 3 main techniques:
- You have 10 turn-based games running near the end of the Arena Season.
- You play only on the 5 turn-based games where you are in a winning position.
- You get the points from your victories.
- At the end of the season, your 5 remaining games are switched to Normal and does not impact your Arena results.
- You start 20 turn-based games while you are Bronze 1.
- After a while, you see that you are in a bad situation in 10 of these 20 games, while you are winning in the 10 others.
- You start playing very quickly on the 10 games you are losing, and lose quickly => you are Bronze 0.
- Thus, you play on the rest of your games and get a "streak" of 10 consecutive victories => you go directly to Gold (or higher), while you win only 50% of your games.
- You are Silver 9: one victory to go to Gold.
- You play in a turn based game where you are in a losing position.
- You play a real time game before the end of your turn-based game so you can have a chance to go to Gold anyway despite your losing turn-based game.
A lot of you were complaining about cheaters using these techniques, so we could not do another season with turn based in these conditions, and have to remove turn-based on Arena Season 3.
Our plan is to propose some other challenges to turn-based players in the future.
If we want to re-enable turn-based Arena, we need to find a solution so the 3 techniques above cannot be possible again. We created this thread so you can propose possible solution.
This thread has specific rules
- Only ONE proposed solution per person (= one post).
- Only solutions are accepted. If you just want turn-based Arena but don't have solution, please do not post.
- Please tell which technique(s) your solution is solving (A, B or C).
- Please read first answer with the list of not acceptable solutions before posting yours.
- To make sure the best solutions are visible, all posts that do not respect the following rules will be removed.
Thanks for your help finding solution to this problem.