Wins % on profile

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
ExaltedAngel

Wins % on profile

Post by ExaltedAngel »

Hello, I'm new. I was looking at my profile and found my stats for a game that state: 84 Games • 18 Victories • 51% wins
What does that 51% exactly represent? On another game I even have 150% on 2 games played, one won
sXePotter

Re: Wins % on profile

Post by sXePotter »

Yeah, win % is broken. It counts every player you beat as a win and every player you lose to as a loss. For example in a 4 player game, if you were to come second, you would receive 2 "wins" and a loss.
ExaltedAngel

Post by ExaltedAngel »

This actually makes sense, and it's what I thought in the first place, but then what about the 150% one?
Tulivuori

Post by Tulivuori »

sXePotter wrote: 17 January 2021, 00:44 Yeah, win % is broken. It counts every player you beat as a win and every player you lose to as a loss. For example in a 4 player game, if you were to come second, you would receive 2 "wins" and a loss.
It doesn't work like that.

Win-% counts only the real wins. However, it is tries to take account the number of participants. So, for each win you get (number of participants) * 50 %. This means that if your win-% is more than 50 %, then you have won more than average.

Return to “Discussions”