BGA - Chrome Extension

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
compte obelète

Re: BGA - Chrome Extension

Post by compte obelète »

anotherFlav wrote: 17 August 2021, 09:45 Yes, SteveV is right, Edge is chromium based so it is possible to use Chrome extension on Edge. The only thing to do is to accept to install extensions from other stores (see picture). 👍
Ok
billybobb

Post by billybobb »

anotherFlav wrote: 13 July 2021, 09:09
TheClaudeQc wrote: 11 July 2021, 20:55 but, we forget the edge users, safari users and so on? :(
I plan to port the extension at least to Firefox.
If I have many requests from the community for Safari, I may have a look if that's doable. ;)
waiting for it :)
Alexcendre

Post by Alexcendre »

Great extension. Very usefull.
Much more useful than mails and Chrome notifications.

If you have the time to improve this extension, here are my 2 requests.

Would it be possible to make the 0 less visible?
I prefer to only see the blue square when I have to play. See the 0 seems counterproductive for me.

I'm not a fan of alphabetical order. On BGA it's listed by creation date.
It would be an huge improvment if we can choose how to view the listing.
With asynchronous play, I play several times the same game. Alphabetical ordre is very confused because I cannot tell which games I've just played.
anotherFlav

Post by anotherFlav »

Great suggestion Alexcendre! And thank you for the feedbacks, very much appreciated 🙏

I pushed a similar todo in my list about 2 days ago, what a coincidence 😄
I though I could probably remove the badge when it's down to 0 and make some icon animation when a the number raise up so it's more appealing when there is activity.

Ordering the games by creation date would totally make sense by default, I will do that in the next update as it's easy to do.
Adding ways to order them differently would be great too but may need some work to get there... I will think about it 👍
januszk0

Post by januszk0 »

Is it possible for the names of the games on the list to be translated into the user's language?
Many games are known by names other than the original and the original name may not be known.
anotherFlav

Post by anotherFlav »

Hi januszk0.

It should be the case. Do you have a particular example? Some games doesn't have translation yet and in that case I fallback on the game name key. But that could also be a bug 🐞
januszk0

Post by januszk0 »

Example. In red, I wrote the name of the game in Polish:
anotherFlav

Post by anotherFlav »

Thank you for your report Januszk0.

You were right, the game names only displays in english, I will add a task to use the translated version in user lang instead 👍
Een

Post by Een »

Hi anotherFlav, I see in our server logs some 503 errors raised due to flooding from this extension (probably for players with a lot of games). Could you introduce some delays for rate limiting to avoid too many requests being fired in a quick sequence?
anotherFlav

Post by anotherFlav »

Hi Een,

Sorry to hear that. But I think you are right, players with a lot of tables could produce a lot of queries in sequence when displaying the extension popup. I will push a fix to add delays ASAP.
A nice mid-term solution would be to add a pagination system. I will add this to my Todo List as well :)

On a more positive note a new release has been published with one of the suggestion made by Alexcender. 🎉

Return to “Discussions”