Player who abandoned or destroyed a game if they're loosing

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Winterseele

Player who abandoned or destroyed a game if they're loosing

Post by Winterseele »

// Update 27. June: Thread can be closed, because this solution and information isn't desired//

Hi,
because of bugs or missing options for reporting on the BGA website, I start this thread for warning new players to play with some special players.

This could be a player, who exploits the weaknesses in the programmcode or player with a bad behaviour, that are "destroying" the game but the BGA options don't match to successfully report the player or warn others about them.

BGA don't help with those players, so we have to help ourselfs and this is my try to warn new players.

If this thread should be under a different category, than let me now.
Last edited by Winterseele on 27 June 2022, 20:55, edited 2 times in total.
JoysJoy

Re: Player who abandoned or destroyed a game if they're loosing

Post by JoysJoy »

I dont understand your post? What are you trying to warn about? I agree about not having a good way to make reports on BGA. I have posted the question 4 times how to make reports and not one moderator ever bothers to reply. Very frustrating!

I agree this site does not much care if you have a bad experience. They don't want to know about it. Then they shut down your discussion to silence you. If you are a bad person here an ruin THOUSANDS of games for others, they love you and defend you. You can ask for months and months on end for help and a change, be ignored/ silenced/ told this is not *really* a problem... When they one day FINALLY see there was an issue- they say "But we only got one report" even though you could instantly point out over a dozen in the forums saying the same thing. BGA needs a better way to manage problems than ignoring them while all the good players go away.
voriki

Post by voriki »

Winterseele wrote: 23 June 2022, 18:47 This could be a player, who exploits the weaknesses in the programmcode or player with a bad behaviour, that are "destroying" the game but the BGA options don't match to successfully report the player or warn others about them.
Do you have examples of such bugs of a player actively exploiting the code that has gone unresolved, but had been reported?
T72on1

Post by T72on1 »

JoysJoy wrote: 23 June 2022, 18:56 ... If you are a bad person here an ruin THOUSANDS of games for others, they love you and defend you...
Don't go that way. Really. It does not help you. It does not help anyone.

There are issues with the reporting system. There are issues with players ruining the fun for others. But posts like this won't help to solve them.
Winterseele

Post by Winterseele »

Do you have examples of such bugs of a player actively exploiting the code that has gone unresolved, but had been reported?
Yes, but first I wanted to see the first reaction on this and the opinions of other ones.
Winterseele

Post by Winterseele »

JoysJoy wrote: 23 June 2022, 18:56 I dont understand your post? What are you trying to warn about? I agree about not having a good way to make reports on BGA. I have posted the question 4 times how to make reports and not one moderator ever bothers to reply. Very frustrating!

I agree this site does not much care if you have a bad experience. They don't want to know about it. Then they shut down your discussion to silence you. If you are a bad person here an ruin THOUSANDS of games for others, they love you and defend you. You can ask for months and months on end for help and a change, be ignored/ silenced/ told this is not *really* a problem... When they one day FINALLY see there was an issue- they say "But we only got one report" even though you could instantly point out over a dozen in the forums saying the same thing. BGA needs a better way to manage problems than ignoring them while all the good players go away.
Hmm... Maybe you're right and it should be so bad as it's now and BGA doesn't want to help with those players.
Winterseele

Post by Winterseele »

T72on1 wrote: 24 June 2022, 13:57
JoysJoy wrote: 23 June 2022, 18:56 ... If you are a bad person here an ruin THOUSANDS of games for others, they love you and defend you...

There are issues with the reporting system. There are issues with players ruining the fun for others. But posts like this won't help to solve them.
Oh, I don't think that you're right with the first paragraph. It would help other gamer to avoid such gamer. But your second paragraph make me think about it all. Maybe this thread is not the best and only way to solve the problem BGA has.
I would like to wait a little further for other reactions and opinions before I'll decide to go further or to end this thread.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Yes- the issue has been addressed. My frustration was huge after so many months of problems with no way to fix. I hope the issue of the reporting system is fixed next, but at least we now have a place to email if issue arise.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

Winterseele wrote: 25 June 2022, 03:31
T72on1 wrote: 24 June 2022, 13:57

Oh, I don't think that you're right with the first paragraph. It would help other gamer to avoid such gamer. But your second paragraph make me think about it all. Maybe this thread is not the best and only way to solve the problem BGA has.
I would like to wait a little further for other reactions and opinions before I'll decide to go further or to end this thread.
T72on1 was referring to bad mouthing the site not helping.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

The initial post sounds like you plan to use this thread for naming and shaming 'bad' players.

This is expressly NOT allowed in forum threads, and is strictly moderated.

Return to “Discussions”