Please list the email we would use if we have future trouble

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
JoysJoy

Please list the email we would use if we have future trouble

Post by JoysJoy »

I have received a partial answer to my question: We need to email if we have an issue- "Report An Issue" is not the place to make reports.

BUT- there are zero places I can find that tell me what that email is. I am sure it is entirely clear that I was beyond pulling my hair out at how hard and how long I tried to be listened to. IF just once felt heard, we would not be here with me typing messages.

To be clear- this is about feeling I can play here and have a place to report future issues- since I have tried for months on end and cannot find the way. I will post this question every day until I hear back. It is not sane to play without knowing how to report. The past ignored issue was HUGE and not done being resolved if I can't find that email to send problems to. We all need it.
DrClick

Re: Please list the email we would use if we have future trouble

Post by DrClick »

Hello,
We provide the forum to ask any questions.
Forums are a place to exchange, and we accept some complains. But as stated in our rules, it's not a place to make threats to anyone.
If you have an open questions that's not related to a user, a moderation issue, or a website function, feel free to post them here. We welcome any suggestions.

Otherwise, you can use our support form, which will lead you to an email form.
https://boardgamearena.com/support

Random emails cannot be read due to the amount of messages received, but ALL support messages sent are answered, when there is an answer to give ;)

Regards
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

I keep posting questions how to update payment info when CC number had been changed, and keep premium price, and NOONE sees these repeating questions. Are you really reading Forum???
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Caffe Latte wrote: 24 June 2022, 17:09 I keep posting questions how to update payment info when CC number had been changed, and keep premium price, and NOONE sees these repeating questions. Are you really reading Forum???
I think it was said earlier that you cannot keep the old price if there are any breaks in your subscription. Which includes changes with your payment information.
Silene

Post by Silene »

DrClick wrote: 24 June 2022, 16:43 Hello,
Forums are a place to exchange, and we accept some complains. But as stated in our rules, it's not a place to make threats to anyone.
If you have an open questions that's not related to a user, a moderation issue, or a website function, feel free to post them here. We welcome any suggestions.

Random emails cannot be read due to the amount of messages received, but ALL support messages sent are answered, when there is an answer to give ;)

Regards
I think the question relates to the fact that in another thread the community was told that the appropriate channels to report that tournament-joining-case would have been to a) fill a report or b) send a mail (this probably relates to "use support form")

The problem being that a as well as b was impossible because report form and support form both handled it with a dead end without the option to send anything. And also those forms give you the information, that they are inappropriate for the case which kinda contradicts the info we got in the forum.

Only way to use them would be lying about the case. Which kinda summarizes to "you should use the appropriate channels instead of forum but please lie while doing that, otherwise those channels are unavailable".

Criticizing the community about not using them because there was only 1 person lying on the form during the past year to report it was a bit of a slap in the face to those trying to do something about it (even though I do agree that the posts in the forum should've been without telling names and should often be better mannered than they were... but still...).

To stop random unwanted specific non-forum-appropriate cases end up in the forum, it would be best if you could add more (generic?) options to fill the report and support form without having to lie.
Hosting Allround-League: https://boardgamearena.com/group?id=7870115 --> a league where you have matches of random games vs. other players in your group - running in season 3 with 64 players in 8 groups.
ChrisKern

Post by ChrisKern »

>The problem being that a as well as b was impossible because report form and support form both handled it with a dead end without the option to send anything.

Not just that, but it basically said "if you can't find a place to report this, it's not against the rules", which does not suggest it's a good idea to pester an admin about it.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

DrClick wrote: 24 June 2022, 16:43 Hello,

Regards
Thank you so much for hearing my question and answering me. I appreciate it.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

ChrisKern wrote: 24 June 2022, 21:08 >The problem being that a as well as b was impossible because report form and support form both handled it with a dead end without the option to send anything.

Not just that, but it basically said "if you can't find a place to report this, it's not against the rules", which does not suggest it's a good idea to pester an admin about it.
Now that I see BGA is based in France I am wondering if what appears kinda insulting language to me in the report system is due to google-translate? The rules in English read in a condescending, insulting manner, like if I were trying to say to someone "you're a stupid idiot" without using those words. I know when you genuinely run into an issue (like thousands of us did from bad community members) the wording on the report an issue area makes it much, much worse.
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

[/quote Silene/]

Criticizing the community about not using them because there was only 1 person lying on the form during the past year to report it was a bit of a slap in the face to those trying to do something about it (even though I do agree that the posts in the forum should've been without telling names and should often be better mannered than they were... but still...).

To stop random unwanted specific non-forum-appropriate cases end up in the forum, it would be best if you could add more (generic?) options to fill the report and support form without having to lie.
[/quote]

I completely agree here. When you have the same problem of a few (repeat) bad community members facing you day in and day out, many times a day, month after month after month, and there is no way to report it, there is nothing you can do about it, and when you do try you get comments back that make you sound like you’re an idiot and that nobody believes you… It ends up in the issue we have today (high emotions).

It would be very important and critical to ongoing better relationship to provide a way for people to make a report for a not-listed issue. We should be able to name if there is a bad player involved, and once you have a large number of people naming that same bad person you know there is a problem
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

JoysJoy wrote: 25 June 2022, 02:24 [/quote Silene/]

I completely agree here. When you have the same problem of a few (repeat) bad community members facing you day in and day out, many times a day, month after month after month, and there is no way to report it, there is nothing you can do about it, and when you do try you get comments back that make you sound like you’re an idiot and that nobody believes you… It ends up in the issue we have today (high emotions).

It would be very important and critical to ongoing better relationship to provide a way for people to make a report for a not-listed issue. We should be able to name if there is a bad player involved, and once you have a large number of people naming that same bad person you know there is a problem
[/quote]

It sounds like you are describing exactly the red thumbs system, no ?

Return to “Discussions”