Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
JoysJoy

Re: Please list the email we would use if we have future trouble

Post by JoysJoy »

Tisaac wrote: 25 June 2022, 18:55
JoysJoy wrote: 25 June 2022, 02:24 [/quote Silene/]

It sounds like you are describing exactly the red thumbs system, no ?
No this is not the red thumbs down system. Did you not see that they are not using that at all for tournaments? This conversation is about time-based tournaments and the (small but significant number) of people that sign up hundreds off games and then disappear off of BGA for months, abandoning the games leading to thousands of ruined games (not exaggerating- one person alone ruined >3,000 games). That is why there is this new set of rules. One of the suggestions was about the red thumbs down and the moderator said the thumbs down has nothing to do with tournaments.
Tisaac

Post by Tisaac »

JoysJoy wrote: 25 June 2022, 22:58
Tisaac wrote: 25 June 2022, 18:55
JoysJoy wrote: 25 June 2022, 02:24 [/quote Silene/]

It sounds like you are describing exactly the red thumbs system, no ?
No this is not the red thumbs down system. Did you not see that they are not using that at all for tournaments? This conversation is about time-based tournaments and the (small but significant number) of people that sign up hundreds off games and then disappear off of BGA for months, abandoning the games leading to thousands of ruined games (not exaggerating- one person alone ruined >3,000 games). That is why there is this new set of rules. One of the suggestions was about the red thumbs down and the moderator said the thumbs down has nothing to do with tournaments.
You were saying that it would be nice to have a way to gather bad opinion about a player, i was just pointing out that this is basically what red thumbs are doing. So maybe it could solve the issue if these could somehow be taken into account for the tournaments.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

I am happy thumbs are not used in public tournaments. I have had thumb for being too lucky (I wish I had some power on dice :/) and for winning too much.
And, since this thumbing system does not have dashboard, we even do not know whom we years ago had thumbed.
I wish there were kind of rechecks "you have thumbed X a year ago. Would you want to un-thumb now?" etc.
Moment, emotions etc, and this block stays forever :(
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

Caffe Latte wrote: 26 June 2022, 13:35 I am happy thumbs are not used in public tournaments. I have had thumb for being too lucky (I wish I had some power on dice :/) and for winning too much.
And, since this thumbing system does not have dashboard, we even do not know whom we years ago had thumbed.
I wish there were kind of rechecks "you have thumbed X a year ago. Would you want to un-thumb now?" etc.
Moment, emotions etc, and this block stays forever :(
Oh interesting. I didn’t think about how other people use thumbs down. My examples would be the person that played a time based tournament game with me all day long and booted me at the last turn when I was only five minutes overtime, just because I was going to win. I clearly did not abandon the game or ignore my turn or act in an unsportsman way. We just had different time zones when the game started the day before and that person was able to play the first turn when I was asleep. As soon as I woke up we played all day long. It was very unfair and I would not want to play that person again. Ruins the game for me for no reason and I do not want to carry bad feelings away from playing games.

Another example is certain players who sign up for excess time-based tournament games and never show up for them at all, ruining the entire event for every. Would I want to un-thumb them? No. I think the community is so large it wouldn’t be necessary. I don’t think I would even notice them missing from the thousands of others available to play.

Also- You are free to plan your own tournament for any game anytime you want. It doesn’t really limit you if somebody else gave you a thumbs down and you didn’t get in on that particular tournament because you could just start your own.

Its not the rule, so doesn't really matter anyway.

Hey- How would you even know that anybody give you a thumbs down? Can we find out somewhere?

Return to “Discussions”