Hanabi bots' ELO

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
User avatar
beri
Posts: 192
Joined: 21 March 2012, 15:20

Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by beri » 20 November 2014, 17:02

When you end a game of Hanabi, your score is compared to that of an automatically generated bot. See explanations here.

Here are all bots' ELO ratings.

Normal mode (50 cards)

Code: Select all

   2 pl 3 pl 4 pl 5 pl
<18     0      0      0      0
18   50  100  130  180
19  100  150  180  240
20  170  220  260  320
21  250  295  345  415
22  340  380  440  520
23  440  475  545  635
24  560  590  660  760
25  690  720  790  900
6-color mode (60 cards)

Code: Select all

   2 pl 3 pl 4 pl 5 pl
<21     0      0      0      0
21   50  100  130  180
22   80  130  160  210
23  120  170  210  250
24  170  210  250  300
25  230  270  310  370
26  300  340  390  450
27  380  415  475  545
28  470  505  570  650
29  570  600  670  770
30  690  720  790  900
Multicolor mode (60 cards)

Code: Select all

   2 pl 3 pl 4 pl 5 pl
<21     0      0      0      0
21  280  200  240  290
22  320  240  280  330
23  360  280  320  370
24  410  330  370  420
25  480  390  430  490
26  560  460  510  570
27  660  540  600  670
28  770  635  705  780
29  895  750  820  905
30 1030  880  950 1040
55 cards mode (50 + 1 of each in the 6th colour) is played without ELO.
Last edited by beri on 08 December 2014, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GingoO
Posts: 24
Joined: 21 December 2011, 13:26

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by GingoO » 05 December 2014, 22:44

I don't really understand how that works.

I just played multicolor, doing 30. So if I understand well, my Elo should be compared to 2330 (we were 2) ? Then I believe it should greatly go up ? (Mine is aorund 1900 right now). I don't really care, just trying to understand the system ;) !

User avatar
beri
Posts: 192
Joined: 21 March 2012, 15:20

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by beri » 06 December 2014, 12:41

Yes it should. The thing is ELO gains/losses are limited because of how ELO works.
This is why you can't gain/lose more than, say, 40 ELO in one game.

User avatar
GingoO
Posts: 24
Joined: 21 December 2011, 13:26

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by GingoO » 06 December 2014, 14:25

beri wrote:Yes it should. The thing is ELO gains/losses are limited because of how ELO works.
This is why you can't gain/lose more than, say, 40 ELO in one game.

Yeah Well, It did +4. Earlier, with the same variant, I did 26 and it was +4 ELO too, which seems kind of weird to me. Any explanation ?

User avatar
qwertasdfg
Posts: 293
Joined: 17 June 2013, 18:26

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by qwertasdfg » 07 December 2014, 13:57

beri wrote:55 cards mode (50 + 1 of each in the 6th colour) is played without ELO.
Are you sure? Just had one that was with elo

User avatar
beri
Posts: 192
Joined: 21 March 2012, 15:20

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by beri » 08 December 2014, 13:56

GingoO wrote:Yeah Well, It did +4. Earlier, with the same variant, I did 26 and it was +4 ELO too, which seems kind of weird to me. Any explanation ?
You must have scored 30 with the normal 60-card game, not the Very difficult (rainbow) variant.

User avatar
qwertasdfg
Posts: 293
Joined: 17 June 2013, 18:26

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by qwertasdfg » 11 December 2014, 15:46

Can you please post a list of the bot's elo for 55 cards?

User avatar
GingoO
Posts: 24
Joined: 21 December 2011, 13:26

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by GingoO » 12 December 2014, 00:14

beri wrote:
GingoO wrote:Yeah Well, It did +4. Earlier, with the same variant, I did 26 and it was +4 ELO too, which seems kind of weird to me. Any explanation ?
You must have scored 30 with the normal 60-card game, not the Very difficult (rainbow) variant.
It was the one where the multicolor clue cannot be given.

User avatar
beri
Posts: 192
Joined: 21 March 2012, 15:20

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by beri » 13 December 2014, 19:53

GingoO wrote:
beri wrote:
GingoO wrote:Yeah Well, It did +4. Earlier, with the same variant, I did 26 and it was +4 ELO too, which seems kind of weird to me. Any explanation ?
You must have scored 30 with the normal 60-card game, not the Very difficult (rainbow) variant.
It was the one where the multicolor clue cannot be given.
Yeah, so it's fine. This variant is the easiest.
qwertasdfg wrote:Can you please post a list of the bot's elo for 55 cards?
There aren't and won't be any. 55 cards is about luck on the rainbow cards. It can be interesting in a duplicate tournament, playing the same deal as other teams and seeing how each team manages risk.

User avatar
qwertasdfg
Posts: 293
Joined: 17 June 2013, 18:26

Re: Hanabi bots' ELO

Post by qwertasdfg » 14 December 2014, 00:16

But we get or lose elo during 55s games. So how is that calculated then?

Locked

Return to “Discussions”