Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
Tejo

Some serious bug happening on the site?

Post by Tejo »

Hi all.
I'm really really sorry to post this here (I know that there is a bug section) but I suppose there's happened some kind of issue on the site lately.
I had a never experienced before problem and I signaled it in already exisisting bug reports in which more players seemed to experience this kind of bug in the last 3 days.
The bug reports are these:
http://it.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=1463
http://it.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=1948

And in both Race for the Galaxy and Puerto Rico it happened the same thing, an unexpected error that couldn't have been solved (as it may sometimes happen) by pressing F5 or logging again on the site.
I saw it 3 times in 5 games played in the last 2 hours: twice it happened to me, and once to my opponent. Adding the fact that as I said there are more players involved reading the bug reports, I suppose there should be some kind of flaw into the site.

Sorry again to signal it here, but if it's a global issue (at least it happened to more players, on more tables, on more games) I hope it can be checked as soon as this will be possible.
TrueCaleb

Re: Some serious bug happening on the site?

Post by TrueCaleb »

In a Battle Sheep game on table=11430513, anywhere I try to place my sheep I am getting the error below:
Server syntax error:

Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred...

(****Hidden for security reasons****)
Is this similar to what is happening to others?
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

TrueCaleb wrote:In a Battle Sheep game on table=11430513, anywhere I try to place my sheep I am getting the error below:
Server syntax error:

I got this error when starting a game of Jaipur...after not being able to get to the play page for an hour I finally opted to quit and just take the abandon penalty. My opponent couldn't access the game either.
tweedledee

Post by tweedledee »

I think the site is broken atm, i play here since 2013 and never had that many bugs before. :cry:
Tejo

Post by Tejo »

TrueCaleb wrote:In a Battle Sheep game on table=11430513, anywhere I try to place my sheep I am getting the error below:
Server syntax error:

sprockitz wrote: I got this error when starting a game of Jaipur...after not being able to get to the play page for an hour I finally opted to quit and just take the abandon penalty. My opponent couldn't access the game either.
Yes, it's the same error I got last night. And at this point it will probably be a global site issue, 'cause it's happening to so many people and in at least 4 different games (battle sheep, jaipur, race for the galaxy, puerto rico)
squarerootofthree

Post by squarerootofthree »

There have been so many bugs lately! Most recent games of Expedition: Northwest Passage haven't been able to finish because of a security error bug that prevents the final turn. Also, have had to drop a few games of Puerto Rico.
hayduke

Post by hayduke »

Same here, both Puerto Rico and Rftg wouldn't let me pass.
glitter and doom

Post by glitter and doom »

There is also a bug with prestige points. I lost prestige points in several games, even though I am still ranked.
Tejo

Post by Tejo »

glitter and doom wrote:There is also a bug with prestige points. I lost prestige points in several games, even though I am still ranked.
It seems you lost the prestige points of same games in which you are still 1st into the ranking but it disappeared the award of 1st ELO place.
Dunno if it's the same problem
Een

Post by Een »

Hi,

There was some trouble with the database server today. Not the first time, but not in BGA code, so not easy to fix...
Reboot got back things to running as usual. Penalties on affected games have been removed.

Thanks for your reports!

Return to “Discussions”