Site filled with jerks

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
yodasleeps

Site filled with jerks

Post by yodasleeps »

New today and already got two thumbs for winning a game and conceding a game I was losing and stating I had terrible cards. I don't know why anyone would pay for this site.
yodasleeps

Re: Site filled with jerks

Post by yodasleeps »

Then I got a third for saying those were some lucky cards. Geez this site blows.
cosmosis

Post by cosmosis »

This has been the opposite of my experience.
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

I've had the opposite experience as well. I've gotten a few from sore losers, but this has occurred about once for every 200 times getting positive feedback.

I would guess if you play more things will even out, but also be careful with what you say. Constantly complaining about bad luck when you lose or telling people they are lucky when they win is poor sportsmanship. Yes there is luck involved (for most of the games on here), it isn't necessary to excuse your losses or demean others wins by pointing it out.
Jest Phulin

Post by Jest Phulin »

Attempting to extrapolate the behavior of an entire site's visitors from one day's interaction is generally not a good strategy. Especially since that day was spent playing only one of the over 70 games available.

Additionally, since being demoted to Devilkin from Mortal requires interaction from an administrator (as far as I know), not only was behavior done that upset someone to the point that they would report it, an administrator agreed that the behavior was outside of what was acceptable here.

While other threads point out that there are some people who spray red thumbs, and it's possible to run into them early, I don't think this is a case of that.
shooshoo

Post by shooshoo »

Its possible that they clicked the red thumb by mistake. I almost always give players a green thumb but im on my phone a lot. The icons are so damn small ive given red thumbs by mistake many times, but i do correct it. Most people are pretty good on here.
laffytaffy

Post by laffytaffy »

I think the site is just filled with people who will red thumb for almost anything. It's not like there is a guideline. I've heard that Hanabi and Saboteur players can thumb you down frequently because you didn't expertly play the game. Doesn't entice me to play those games at all.
SayWut

Post by SayWut »

After all these years, there are still lots of jerks in 2019. My gaming experience is mostly horrible all these years as I try to play to win but many others play to kingmaking others and I petitioned and still see those players playing. I guess you have to pay to be treated decently and I never paid so I guess I shouldn't complain and just quit playing here and stick with real board game groups in my area as I have like 30+ games to play with.
Otithes

Post by Otithes »

Perhaps the interactions you're having here are a reflection of how you approach people. I have overwhelmingly positive experiences on BGA. Yes, there are unpleasant people here, like everywhere else on Earth. I give a red thumb to the ones I don't want to play with again, report the ones who have broken a rule, and move on to the next fun game. And I've never paid for a subscription, so that's not a factor. If your gaming experience truly is "mostly horrible," then please consider the possibility that perhaps you are the common denominator.

Return to “Discussions”