racism

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
N_Faker

Re: racism

Post by N_Faker »

Sepp76 wrote:Today i was called a nazi just because my oponent did not win.

Last week another oponent insulted me the whole match over as an bad european.
Did you report them? While some reports aren't really handled in a thorough manner, these should have been.
Sepp76

Post by Sepp76 »

No.

I tried to. But english is not my native language.

All this comlain formalars are very long and it is hard to me to say in english what i think.

At the end this people open a new account easily and thats it.

I just waisted my time and can be insulted the next day again.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

Keep in mind there's a difference between someone who is truly a racist, and someone who is just making insulting comments to be annoying and maybe make themselves feel superior. Anyone who would honestly believe you're a Nazi just cause you're from Germany is just plain stupid (making you superior to them and you should pity them); rather, I think they probably understand a German would find this insulting so they use it. It's just a way to get to you.

And it worked. But it's just your basic insults, and really no different than telling you you're a <fill in bad word>.

Do you have any friends who speak English fairly well that can help you fill out those reports? Or maybe someone will see this and offer to help.
SayWut

Post by SayWut »

For those that said they watched the game and said no racism existed. You didn't pay attention to the score board. I was the ONLY player with 0 points all the way til the end when I quit, the rest had 2 or 3 points. I was targeted many times when they ALL should have targeted the lead scorers and not me. Only once was I targeted because the other two players had Maid protecting them and that is normal. Watch the game again and you will see it was racism. I accused they are racists by their actions, not their words. I want to be very clear of that.
Caffe Latte

Post by Caffe Latte »

Sorry if offtopic but I have got used that Chinese players always (!) kick off Europeans from tables for the only reason - nonChinese. I find it strange, however I believe they can do it. I just stopped joining tables opened by Chinese.
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

Caffe Latte wrote:Sorry if offtopic but I have got used that Chinese players always (!) kick off Europeans from tables for the only reason - nonChinese. I find it strange, however I believe they can do it. I just stopped joining tables opened by Chinese.
Exactly.
It happend to me also sometimes. With Japanese players. And of course it is not nice to be excluded from a game just for being another nationality. But hey, is it that bad to just join another game? You can't call this rasicm. Just preference of playmates.

Maybe the site should implement an option where you can choose your preferable playing nations.
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

Dejmar wrote:Several times I've been ejected from games based on the only seeming evidence that I was not of the same ethnic background/race as the game administrator. If it were the fact my ELO indicated much more(/much less) experience than the group they wanted to play with, or my reputation was low, or if it was a game in which communicating in chat was necessary in a language that all other players were comfortable, or if they wrongly believed I cheat at the game, then they might have a valid argument.
many times i was on the receiving end of an eviction from a game for seemingly no reason. i can guess that someone was setting up a table for his own game with a few friends but that's only speculation. i would not say that they are trying to be racist or ELO elitist. i'd rather say that they are clumsy in setting up the table based on their preferences. you can exclude people with low ELO, different languages or even all the people and have only invite ones. it just seems to me that they are not aware of these options

but it does come up as a little bit rude when you join a table and then someone throws you out
that's why i believe there should be a "input reason" field that has to be filled if you decide to throw someone out who has joined your table legally (i.e. based on the settings you set up for the table)
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

Cappie wrote:Maybe the site should implement an option where you can choose your preferable playing nations.
I can understand that someone would want to play only with some people, but I'm highly against this
event the "filter by language" option is a bit sketchy to me

the only language relevant to playing any game should be the rules of the game and nothing else :)
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

_Kex_ wrote:
Cappie wrote:Maybe the site should implement an option where you can choose your preferable playing nations.
I can understand that someone would want to play only with some people, but I'm highly against this
event the "filter by language" option is a bit sketchy to me

the only language relevant to playing any game should be the rules of the game and nothing else :)

Could you explain to me why you are against this?
_Kex_

Post by _Kex_ »

Cappie wrote:Could you explain to me why you are against this?
I think this sentence says it all "the only language relevant to playing any game should be the rules of the game and nothing else"
:)

I want to be able to play against Chinese and Taiwanese and German and no-nation-selected and all other players as long as they play by the game rules. also BGA does a great job of not letting us play a move that is against the rules ;)
and i think it's safe to assume we all know the rules since we are playing the game. i don't need to understand Chinese to play chess against someone from China
I have a strong belief that if you decide to play on a globally visited site you should not be able to "exclude" other players based on anything other than their ELO (it's perfectly acceptable if you want to play only against expert players).

and besides - even if you decide that you do only want selected people at your table there is a bunch of options available to you that will set up the game as you want it.
however i think it's not right to do a crappy job setting up the game and then just keep on throwing out all the people that join in and for some reason you don't want them in while you wait for your friends (or co-countrymen) to arrive

Return to “Discussions”