racism

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
intrepid

racism

Post by intrepid »

got to be a better way. red or green, boy or girl expert master good average or begineer,elo all ways to promote racism and more problems for this site please find a better way agauin thks for all your hard work. (intreid p.s cOUNTRYS
Isdariel

Re: racism

Post by Isdariel »

The better way is the way of the dictionary.
intrepid

Post by intrepid »

yep thats how i came up with racism a huge problem this site the way it has set it up it causes problems but again i thank them for there good work
SayWut

Post by SayWut »

I was targeted to be ousted numerous times for no obvious reasons other than what my flag shows where I am. I reported these incidents and got no answer and still see some of these players playing. Some were because they were all from same country, and many were from English speaking countries. Ironically I'm an American staying in Asia and it seems that's the only reason these other players targeted me to be ousted first instead of playing to win. For example, I just quit a Love Letter game because I had 0 wins, one player had 3 wins and 2 players had 2 wins. They were from US, Australia and Canada. Guess what all three of them did? Targeted me by guessing my role at the beginning; had me discard cards; look at my hand and then proceed to oust me. I tried to stay cool but when all 3 players did that to me for no obvious reasons (not even Handmaids blocking), I had enough and just told all of them have a good day (I did call them jerks) and quit. This was the less aggressive ones.

I appreciate the hard work this website team has provided and I know I'm playing for free so I shouldn't ask for too much, but I figured racism should be a concern for this website and so I posted this. Thanks for reading and sorry for ranting.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

SayWut wrote:I was targeted to be ousted numerous times for no obvious reasons other than what my flag shows where I am. I reported these incidents and got no answer and still see some of these players playing. Some were because they were all from same country, and many were from English speaking countries. Ironically I'm an American staying in Asia and it seems that's the only reason these other players targeted me to be ousted first instead of playing to win. For example, I just quit a Love Letter game because I had 0 wins, one player had 3 wins and 2 players had 2 wins. They were from US, Australia and Canada. Guess what all three of them did? Targeted me by guessing my role at the beginning; had me discard cards; look at my hand and then proceed to oust me. I tried to stay cool but when all 3 players did that to me for no obvious reasons (not even Handmaids blocking), I had enough and just told all of them have a good day (I did call them jerks) and quit. This was the less aggressive ones.

I appreciate the hard work this website team has provided and I know I'm playing for free so I shouldn't ask for too much, but I figured racism should be a concern for this website and so I posted this. Thanks for reading and sorry for ranting.
I assume you are referring to this game.
It did not look like any of them specifically targeted you consistently.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

N_Faker wrote:
SayWut wrote:I was targeted to be ousted numerous times for no obvious reasons other than what my flag shows where I am. I reported these incidents and got no answer and still see some of these players playing. Some were because they were all from same country, and many were from English speaking countries. Ironically I'm an American staying in Asia and it seems that's the only reason these other players targeted me to be ousted first instead of playing to win. For example, I just quit a Love Letter game because I had 0 wins, one player had 3 wins and 2 players had 2 wins. They were from US, Australia and Canada. Guess what all three of them did? Targeted me by guessing my role at the beginning; had me discard cards; look at my hand and then proceed to oust me. I tried to stay cool but when all 3 players did that to me for no obvious reasons (not even Handmaids blocking), I had enough and just told all of them have a good day (I did call them jerks) and quit. This was the less aggressive ones.

I assume you are referring to this game.
It did not look like any of them specifically targeted you consistently.
Agreed. I watched the whole game, and while during the first round you did get targeted a lot, that didn't go past that first round. For the rest of the game it was pretty evenly spread and everyone got targeted pretty consistently. There was absolutely nothing going on at the time you quit, other than you quitting and hurting your reputation.

(P.S. It's also probably useful to know that Intrepid is forever reporting things to the site and blaming his bad reputation on everything besides himself, which is why his reports get ignored.)
Dejmar

Post by Dejmar »

Evidence of active racism on the site does exist. Several times I've been ejected from games based on the only seeming evidence that I was not of the same ethnic background/race as the game administrator. If it were the fact my ELO indicated much more(/much less) experience than the group they wanted to play with, or my reputation was low, or if it was a game in which communicating in chat was necessary in a language that all other players were comfortable, or if they wrongly believed I cheat at the game, then they might have a valid argument. When I challenged for a reason, the administrator but ignored me. As yet, this has occurred twice for a group of Chinese/Taiwanese flagged individuals, and once for a group of Japanese flagged individuals. The site should require the ejector to cite a reason for his rejection that the reviewer of the accusation might have more evidence of reasonable or wrongful action. I, myself, am not a racist, and I do not believe any social site (even private ones) should condone such activity. I now challenge this site to do something to reduce such activity.
N_Faker

Post by N_Faker »

Unless you are verbally or in any other way abused, it doesn't matter if whoever that didn't want to play with you is a racist or not. You can't expect those who do not want to play with you, to play with you, no matter their reason.

If you were abused, report them.

And frankly, it is absurd to even call this racism. You can't ascertain someones ethnicity from their displayed nationality/language.
Sahib

Post by Sahib »

intrepid wrote:got to be a better way. red or green, boy or girl expert master good average or begineer,elo all ways to promote racism and more problems for this site please find a better way agauin thks for all your hard work. (intreid p.s cOUNTRYS
Whats the difference between elo of real World Chess Cup's elo and boardgamearena elo? I think no difference. The same system. Do really elo as statistic system have some special marks that force people feel racists feleengs to each other? No. Just common statistic. Someone have good results, someone have not so good. But if someone have bad results is this reason in elo? Think not. But we all see racism. May be the main reason is not elo. May be the main reason are people who envy the good results and dont want to see their own mistakes?

P.S. You want to destroy difference between boys and girls? Between master and begineer? Between red and green? And what will we got as result of this? "Just brick in the wall..." (Pink Floyd). If you destroy difference between boys and girls who will protect girls and who will birth men? If you destroy difference between master and begineer who will teach begineers? If you destroy difference between red and green who will create culture, poems, novels, music, paints which study men courage, valour, democracy and freedom...

P.S.S. Destroy racism in your own mind and in the minds of people around you... And let elo be)
Sepp76

Post by Sepp76 »

Today i was called a nazi just because my oponent did not win.

Last week another oponent insulted me the whole match over as an bad european.

I never had this before. I will stop playing here.

All insults against me would be a cause in my country to get a visit of the police.

I am here in my freetime to have fun.

Yes. Racism exists here.

Return to “Discussions”