Optionally disable Field Scoring

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
CraWleR

Optionally disable Field Scoring

Postby CraWleR » 19 September 2018, 04:05

I don't know what version of Carcassonne my brothers have (I could ask), but the whole concept of Fields was new to me when I first played it on BGA. We've tried playing it together and switched to "Carcassonne Tiles & Tactics" game on Steam. One of the reasons was because it allows Disabling Fields essentially no longer giving you the option of placing Meeples on Fields.

Any chance this could be done on BGA? Limiting certain actions should be a lot easier than implementing them, right?

CB Droege

Re: Optionally disable Field Scoring

Postby CB Droege » 19 September 2018, 07:54

No, that's not how the game works, and there has never been a version in which that is an option.

CraWleR

Postby CraWleR » 19 September 2018, 14:42

BoardGameGeek has a good thread about it: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/91908/ ... ut-farmers
Maybe that's what I've been taught on purpose. Maybe someone just missed it. Will check either way.

Up to you whether you want to do it. Our group has an alternative to go to. Suggesting because I feel like it would be beneficial to have the option.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 24 September 2018, 16:00

Field scoring is key to make the game really good. It's about the fine balance of number of meeples, creating a perfect game.

Jest Phulin

Postby Jest Phulin » 26 September 2018, 09:34

I agree with Daggerheart. The number of meeples one has is limited on purpose. Deciding whether or not to lock one up for the duration of the game in return for a potentially large payout is an important element.

Daggerheart

Postby Daggerheart » 05 October 2018, 15:10

Jest Phulin wrote:I agree with Daggerheart. The number of meeples one has is limited on purpose. Deciding whether or not to lock one up for the duration of the game in return for a potentially large payout is an important element.

Someone hijacked your account? You agree with me on something??? Can't be true.

Return to “Carcassonne”