I want to play fast.

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ReblScum

I want to play fast.

Post by ReblScum » 29 December 2020, 00:16

Even among chess players, there are folks who adore speed chess.

Can we please make a similar "total game clock" option for Carcassonne with each player getting, say 5 -10 minutes of thinking and play time total?

(The number of times, I've tried to squeeze in a quick game while the SO is cooking supper... only to be called to the table with 6 or 7 pieces left to play.)

Admittedly, it does change the game somewhat, but it would be a valuable option for many players.

I'd also appreciate a "super fast" option which allows 30 seconds per turn. I find 30 seconds per turn is P L E N T Y of time in almost every circumstance. (To allow for occasional connectivity glitches, maybe once or twice per game, a player can take an extra 30 seconds without getting kicked out for slow play.)

Finally, Can we please see a player's average turn speed at a glance? When choosing opponents, that is so much more important to me than their skill level, and even their Karma, frankly.

Please consider it.

Thank you!

Rebl

Romain672

Re: I want to play fast.

Post by Romain672 » 29 December 2020, 03:53

Bga must choose some limit of thinking time in various games.
You have the ones where you play immediately, and don't need much time to think (Can't stop).
You have the ones where there is a specific moment where you need to think a long time (usually at the start), and all others moments are pretty fast (Quoridor).
You have games where you need some thinking time all the time (7 Wonders).
And a lot more.

And it would be annoying to create an exception for Carcassonne specifiquely. Why not do that to all games?

Personnally, I would not be against a 'Very fast' mode. But it would have no utility in half the games.

evereverever

Post by evereverever » 30 December 2020, 22:17

I agree 100% Fast and slow are like two different games entirely. I like playing very fast for several reasons, mainly it reduces the chance for other people using any kind of help and increase the fairness. With the current "fast" setting, some players still manage to get 12minutes or more in classic Carcassonne, and that's really not fast.
ReblScum wrote:
29 December 2020, 00:16
(The number of times, I've tried to squeeze in a quick game while the SO is cooking supper... only to be called to the table with 6 or 7 pieces left to play.)
This also happens to me, too often.
ReblScum wrote:
29 December 2020, 00:16

Finally, Can we please see a player's average turn speed at a glance? When choosing opponents, that is so much more important to me than their skill level, and even their Karma, frankly.
You can actually see their speed as a premium member. https://boardgamearena.com/playerstat?i ... 930&game=1 I can see for example you take 861.09 seconds (not minutes as it says) per game on average.

ReblScum

Post by ReblScum » 31 December 2020, 00:31

You can see average game time... but not average turn time. I generally play with a lot of expansions. And I use the builder a lot...

In some of my games, recently, I believe I have played 60% of the tiles, in 25% of the total game time. :)

evereverever

Post by evereverever » 31 December 2020, 11:53

I think average turn time is “ Reflexion time standard deviation” but not 100% sure. (Minutes should say seconds)

ReblScum

Post by ReblScum » 01 January 2021, 22:12

Also, in creating a game, I can restrict access based on skill level... But I want to restrict access based on speed.

Chauff

Post by Chauff » 02 January 2021, 15:49

Average time also counts turn by turn games, it's not really useful.

I agree, super fast mode would be a good idea.

ReblScum

Post by ReblScum » 03 January 2021, 23:50

So, How do I get this comment seen by the site developers?

Return to “Carcassonne”