Interface Help

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Liallan

Interface Help

Post by Liallan »

I recently finished a 5 player of Carc, turn-based meaning I don't get to really see what's happening. I'm confused over the "tiles remaining." When the game was finished I was quite surprised that all other players had gotten another turn after me even though it showed 0 tiles remaining. (Dang, and I thought I'd won, but yellow getting another turn put him/her ahead of me.)

I guess I get that it's assigning them in advance, cause I always see my next one. But near the end of the game I'm not really sure how many are left. What exactly is this showing?
DrKarotte

Re: Interface Help

Post by DrKarotte »

It seems to be as you describe: the number shown indicates how many tiles are still in the bag, but every player gets his next tile immediatley after playing, so they seem to have another turn. In strategic mode every player has 3 tiles on hand.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

I don't know why I find that so confusing. Maybe because I'm playing turn-based so it's difficult to think ahead when "ahead" might be tomorrow, and I don't actually see anyone do anything.
gdBlaze

Post by gdBlaze »

I think that we need an indicator for each player to show whether he has a tile in his hand or not.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

That would be nice.

I did manage to not get as confused in my last game. I had to just keep in mind there were x more tiles than it said, and when getting towards the end think through ahead of time as to who would be last player, which is good information to know (and what messed me up before).

It would just be kind of nice to get some visual on that. If I were playing f2f I would know who had a tile in their hand.
talondachil

Post by talondachil »

Hi,
+1
We need an indicator for each player to show whether he has a tile in his hand or not. With the builder extension, it's hard to know which players still have tiles to play.
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

With the builder extension, there should be no drawing of tiles ahead of time. This steals builder moves in the end game. In strategic game, that cannot be helped, but in normal game, it's wrong to draw ahead.

But I agree, the game should show the number of cards on the hands of the players.

Robo
zclay04

Post by zclay04 »

Just to understand. I do not have access to more than one tile at a time. I cannot change tiles if I do not like the one I have, I must play it?
Robo65

Post by Robo65 »

Hello zclay,

in normal mode, you have exactly one tile, drawn randomly from the stack of remaining tiles, and yes, that's the one you must play. Even if every place you could put it is a catastrophe for you. C'est la vie sur l'Aude...

There is one exception: When there is no place where you can put this tile, it is discarded, completely, and you get a new one.

And there is another game mode: strategic mode. With this, you get three tiles, and you can choose the one you want to play. You keep other two on your hand, and after your move, you draw a new one so that you have again 3 tiles for your next move.

Robo
cdeberle

Post by cdeberle »

Hi
We are in the situation where we have one tile that can't be placed anywhere but we don't know how to discard it. So we are stuck in the game :/
Am I missing an option here?

Return to “Carcassonne”