Monastery in a city tile not working

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
CB Droege

Monastery in a city tile not working

Post by CB Droege »

I reported this bug a while back, but no one else confirmed, and it still says 'not reproduced', and it has no votes, so I thought maybe my one game had just glitched out, but then it just happened to me again in a new game. Has no one else run into this bug?

https://en.boardgamearena.com/#!bug?id=8350
DrKarotte

Re: Monastery in a city tile not working

Post by DrKarotte »

As far as I know there is no monastery in a city in the actual BGA implementation, that is another extension?

If you mean the cathedral: That one does not take pawns.
Liallan

Post by Liallan »

You never got any monasteries in the whole game, so I'll have to assume you do mean a cathedral.

When reporting a bug, it is wise to give more information so the developers can track down what you are referring to. Like a turn number would be useful. I went through the whole game but sure wouldn't want to do that for every bug reported. (i.e. try to keep the person in mind who has to try to find this.)

I'm assuming you're referring to move 178 when you placed the cathedral. That's simple: you were already on the city and cannot place another meeple in a direct connection like that. I don't know this expansion but I looked up the rules from Z-Man and it specifically says all placement rules remain the same as for the base game. That's why you can't place a meeple on there. No bug. And I noticed both expansions were using tiles only so additional rules wouldn't count anyway.

(I don't know about any rule that says you cannot place on a cathedral at all, because that isn't in the rules I read, so not sure what DrKarotte refers to, but I don't think it's relevant since it would have been an illegal placement anyway.)

If you're referring to something else, I can't find it and you'll need to be far more specific.
CB Droege

Post by CB Droege »

OH! That's a cathedral! I thought it was a cloister inside the city, and I wanted to put a monk on it... (I always accidentally call the cloisters monasteries, because they've got monks in 'em. :/)

I don't have Inns and Cathedrals in my home set, so I didn't know what it was. :D I guess this is not a bug afterall. Thanks for the clarification. ;)
Christes

Post by Christes »

Note that later expansions DO have monasteries in cities, which makes this whole thread confusing for me!

Return to “Carcassonne”