Slow game ever since change

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
claypot2

Slow game ever since change

Post by claypot2 »

Ever since the change in graphics my tile and maple placement is severely delayed to the point I get kicked out of games for taking too long. I'm sitting right there trying to play and the further along the game gets the slower I play. Why is this? I'm playing on a mac mini late version 2012 and I just upgraded for a 1TB SSD and I have 16 gb Ram (that's my max for this system). Is there anything I can do so that I can play normally again?
kookycookie

Re: Slow game ever since change

Post by kookycookie »

I have the exact same issue! I have no idea why. I also use a Mac and had no problems before the upgrade.
Starstung

Post by Starstung »

My Karma just got affected because it takes me so long to place a tile, not happy! :(
shadowphiar

Post by shadowphiar »

I have also experienced this problem, it seems specific to Safari. On the Mac you can download Chrome, Firefox, Brave etc. and they all seem to behave fine. (Unfortunately that solution doesn't work on iPad because in that environment the other browsers are all required to use Safari's rendering engine underneath).

Anyone who hasn't done so yet, please give a thumb-up to this bug, make sure it is visible to the developers: https://boardgamearena.com/bug?id=20938
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

I played this game for the first time in about a month. I forgot why I wasn’t playing. It is way too slow. Please fix this for players using an IPad.
T Isakson

Post by T Isakson »

Definitely agree - this game is by far the slowest I've played, and it seems like a lot of it is the loading of the game log (prior game turns).

Could it be the graphics being shown in the log?
Usay Dress A H

Post by Usay Dress A H »

claypot2 wrote: 29 July 2020, 04:57 Ever since the change in graphics my tile and maple placement is severely delayed to the point I get kicked out of games for taking too long. I'm sitting right there trying to play and the further along the game gets the slower I play. Why is this? I'm playing on a mac mini late version 2012 and I just upgraded for a 1TB SSD and I have 16 gb Ram (that's my max for this system). Is there anything I can do so that I can play normally again?
Do you have a Windows computer?
My username ends with a capital H and a space bar.
Gronval

Post by Gronval »

Same here! I have a Mac and I use Safari too and my karma is a mess because of this. I played before with no problem, but now is impossible.
Flovagagneroupas

Post by Flovagagneroupas »

Same problem for me with my imac!
AmandineJan

Post by AmandineJan »

exact same problem with me... Mac + safari... further to comments i will try chrome or firefox

Return to “Carcassonne”