"Difficult" scoring mode

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Jonah the Whale

"Difficult" scoring mode

Post by Jonah the Whale » 29 March 2019, 01:14

I just played a game where the table host enabled "difficult scoring mode". What does that mean? It certainly meant that I didn't win when I thought I ought to. Any ideas?

RicardoRix

Re: "Difficult" scoring mode

Post by RicardoRix » 29 March 2019, 01:32

When difficult scoring mode is enabled you need to check the size of the card sets does not exceed 3. As sets increase, the points decrease which may cause confusion for those new to this scoring mode.

PurplishCat

Post by PurplishCat » 04 September 2020, 16:01

More specifically (from Wikipedia): The more difficult scoring scheme gives a player one point for one card of a color, four points for two cards, eight points for three cards, seven points for four cards, six points for five cards, and five points for six or more cards of the same color. This arrangement can lead to usually desirable wild cards being a liability for players.

That really should be in the help for the game, as the current description is very vague.

euklid314

Post by euklid314 » 04 September 2020, 16:18

Thus, the ideal scenario at the end of the game is to possess exactly 9 cards (3 sets of 3 cards in a color) plus a lot of +2-cards.

Playing in mode "difficult", you usally want to take only a single card in each round. +2-cards are extremely important.

Return to “Coloretto”