Auto count

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
eye-evolve

Auto count

Post by eye-evolve »

Is there any way to turn off auto-count in cribbage? I like counting my own hands and if I miss a point then...my bad. Auto-count does not leave room for human error, which is all part of the game.
spoonofmilk

Re: Auto count

Post by spoonofmilk »

Or even add the Muggins rule, so your opponent has a chance to steal the points you miss! I'm not personally a fan of it, but I think it would add to the options for the game at least!
Flapjack89

Post by Flapjack89 »

I would also love this feature. Nothing more fun than shouting MUGGINS. Well usually have it shouted at me as I always forget!
ThePhule

Post by ThePhule »

I agree with this too. Counting your points is part of the game and one that I enjoy.
Yasten

Post by Yasten »

spoonofmilk wrote: 27 April 2021, 21:21 Or even add the Muggins rule, so your opponent has a chance to steal the points you miss! I'm not personally a fan of it, but I think it would add to the options for the game at least!
Imagine going too high with the muggins rule... Might be even weirder to have people say 150 instead of conceding :lol:
xone01

Post by xone01 »

I want to go on record stating that this is the absolute worst idea I've ever heard. In addition to just being a dumb idea, it's waaaaaay too easy to abuse. This shouldn't even be an option, let alone the Arena default.
DrJams

Post by DrJams »

spoonofmilk wrote: 27 April 2021, 21:21 Or even add the Muggins rule, so your opponent has a chance to steal the points you miss! I'm not personally a fan of it, but I think it would add to the options for the game at least!
I agree! I love counting, and muggins is fun (especially in real-time). It's actually the absolute best idea I've ever heard ;) because it would be an *option*. So if you want autocount you can leave it on, and if you don't you can turn it off. If autocount is off and you want muggins you can turn it on, or you could leave it off. Everybody wins!
If you do make muggins an option I might suggest a splashy thing that pops up, similar to when someone yells MUGGINS! in sheer excitement.

Return to “Cribbage”