Choose to build park/pool

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
HappyNoodle

Choose to build park/pool

Post by HappyNoodle »

Hello,

When placing a house with the park or pool ability attached I am always given the choice of placing the park / pool if possible. Is there ever a case I wouldn't place a park / pool once I have placed the house and therefore could this just be automatic? Or have I missed a subtlety to the rules / strategy?

I am aware I can place a pool and not a house number if I want.

Thanks,

Noodle
Tisaac

Re: Choose to build park/pool

Post by Tisaac »

HappyNoodle wrote: 30 November 2020, 08:49 Hello,

When placing a house with the park or pool ability attached I am always given the choice of placing the park / pool if possible. Is there ever a case I wouldn't place a park / pool once I have placed the house and therefore could this just be automatic? Or have I missed a subtlety to the rules / strategy?

I am aware I can place a pool and not a house number if I want.

Thanks,

Noodle
Automated action by default are usually a bad idea since lot of players don't like that and that makes the game harder to understand for new players because it will have more difference from the physical game. So, even if there only one available mandatory action, it's always best to let the player do it manually by default.
Notice here that it's a bit more subtle since you have to understand that indeed there is no point in not doing these actions, so definitively not default (If you are wondering why the rulebook don't make them mandatory, IRL you can try to realize some achievements like "winning without pools", which score nothing but fame).

However, most games have user preferences (top right menu during game) that will let you enable/disable some automatic actions, and this is the case here. So, just put the mode to be automatic if you like it that way, but you will no longer see these nifty animations I've set up ^^

Return to “Welcome To”