Bug or Rule: am denied points when using BIS

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
HairyGnome

Bug or Rule: am denied points when using BIS

Post by HairyGnome »

Here is the scenario
  • My choice of cards is my first BIS.
  • I place the first house, completing a 3 house estate.
  • I have previously used the Realtor to increase the value of a 3 house estate to 6 points.
  • I get the 6 points as expected.
  • I use the BIS to create a 2nd house.
  • This completes a 2 house estate.
  • I have previously used the Realtor to increase the value of a 2 house estate to 4 points.
  • So, if I understand the game correctly, I should net 3 points: 4 points for the 2 house estate minus 1 point for using BIS is 4-1=3.
  • However, I didn't get those 3 points. My score remained just as it was when I placed the first house as described above
So, bug or rule? Did I miss something?
donkeykong66

Re: Bug or Rule: am denied points when using BIS

Post by donkeykong66 »

This is a little hard to reproduce without a proper table link.

However, from personal experience, the score that is shown after you have selected your option, but before everyone has made their selection not always accurate. For example, if I remember correctly, scores for temporary workes do not get updated immediately (this makes sense because this score might depend on whether or not others select the temporary worker action as well) and I believe points associated to bis-houses do not always show correctly, or at least not immediately.

My best bet would be that at the start of the next turn those 3 points you expected did in fact appear.

If you happen to have the table link, maybe you can share it, and have a good look at your final score: as long as the score assigned at the end of the game is accurate and agrees with what you expect, it should be fine ;)
aqualta18

Re: Bug or Rule: am denied points when using BIS

Post by aqualta18 »

I think donkeykong may be onto something mentioning the temp workers (orange). It's possible that another player overtook you in orange, which would cause you to lose 3 points. Were there any orange powers on offer that round?

Return to “Welcome To”