Mouseclicks to make to augment military before Settling

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
vigorousRoll

Mouseclicks to make to augment military before Settling

Post by vigorousRoll » 02 March 2019, 10:27

(Apologies for this post but just 1 turn ago I had Alien Booby Trap in my tableau along with another alien windfall as a Produce phase was called and had a devil of a time figuring out the proper click procedure to use ABT's power to let me produce on that other windfall by discarding one of my cards. So I'm intimidated by click protocol to get things done in RFTG.)

I'll soon be calling a Settle and will want to use ABT's III power to spend 1 unit of Prestige to augment my military by 3 for this called Settle phase. At the start of said Settle phase do I first click on Alien Booby Trap and then get prompted to cash in one Prestige before I drop the world I intend to Settle ? Or do I click on the world I intend to Settle first and get prompted to either click on ABT or my Prestige counter over on the right ?

Furthermore, even after I get that temporary +3 burst to my military, I'll still need one more unit of augmented military to get the job done, but I'll have Mercenary Fleet in my tableau as well and a spare card in my hand that I can discard to activate MF's III power to discard a card to provide a temporary +1 boost to my military. What's the procedure here ? Click on MF first and then on the card I intend to discard ?

vigorousRoll

Re: Mouseclicks to make to augment military before Settling

Post by vigorousRoll » 03 March 2019, 11:28

In the case of Alien Booby Trap, when it came time to Settle I clicked on ABT first and my military was instantly and automatically augmented along with one unit of Prestige being instantly consumed. For Mercenary Fleet, I clicked on it first and was prompted to choose a card from my hand for discarding.

Return to “Race for the Galaxy”